Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a win feels nice

Default a win feels nice

i know it was against the gaiders but damn this win feels good way to go chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i know it was against the gaiders but damn this win feels good way to go chiefs
    Yeah, it was nice to get the win. I didn't think we'd get another this year.

Thigpen's now got a win. He's now better than Brodie Croyle in every way.

Our defense still needs a massive amount of work, but our CB situation may be solved between Flowers, Leggett, and Carr, although I want to see them all plying healthy against a real passing offense, not the JaMarcus Russells of the world.

That was some sweet payback if you ask me. All those fans in the black hole yesterday were re-introduced to the same feeling we experienced at the home opener-- the same feeling they've experienced playing the Chiefs at home six times in a row now... lol
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    That was some sweet payback if you ask me. All those fans in the black hole yesterday were re-introduced to the same feeling we experienced at the home opener-- the same feeling they've experienced playing the Chiefs at home six times in a row now... lol
    No doubt. Its always sweet to beat the faders. Already beat the donks. If we can toast the chargers I'll be somewhat gratified that we at least beat everybody in our division...
    Good to see you back mOefOe!!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    No doubt. Its always sweet to beat the faders. Already beat the donks. If we can toast the chargers I'll be somewhat gratified that we at least beat everybody in our division...
    Thanks, and yes, it would be real sweet to split with all the teams in the division this year. I think that would really give the players confidence in their ability to compete for a division title. Now, we just gotta figure out how to beat non-AFC West teams...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    i sooooooo hope we get the chargers to

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yeah, it was nice to get the win. I didn't think we'd get another this year.

Thigpen's now got a win. He's now better than Brodie Croyle in every way.

Our defense still needs a massive amount of work, but our CB situation may be solved between Flowers, Leggett, and Carr, although I want to see them all plying healthy against a real passing offense, not the JaMarcus Russells of the world.
    Yeah, I think our secondary has the potential to be really solid. Just need to work on the D-line and the LBs. It was great to get the win! I think we have a shot at the Donks next sunday, as long as we don't hurt ourselves with our own mistakes.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

“I’ve got to assume if he had been in there all year we’d be top 10 (in offense),” tight end Tony Gonzalez said.

Maybe that’s the best sign of the Chiefs’ growing confidence in Thigpen. They’re playing the what-if game regarding Thigpen and the season’s first six games, when the Chiefs wandered aimlessly on offense as they couldn’t establish a quarterback.

“Hopefully it gives him confidence and gives us all confidence knowing that we can rally behind him and trust him in the clutch,” Gonzalez said. “He made some really good decisions today … knowing when to run the ball when the play breaks down and knowing when to check (away from) a run when the defense stacks the (line of scrimmage).

“It’s a process. He’s still got a ways to go. He can still get better. We can all get better. This offense can improve.”

Tony Gonzalez has been saying positive stuff like this about the team all year despite the record and his personal issues. It's comments like these from him that make me even more sure that he'll be back next year.

Also, it's comments like these from the All-Pro TE that makes me think that Thigpen is going to be the guy next year. If he keeps playing at this level, there's no way the Chiefs take a QB in the draft next year in the first few rounds. They might take one late to replace Huard or Croyle, but I think the Chiefs will be content to proceed with Thigpen as the QB for the foreseeable future. I think Gray has replaced Huard as the experienced vet backup on this team and if the Chiefs take a QB in the draft, he'll probably be replacing Croyle.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Tony Gonzalez has been saying positive stuff like this about the team all year despite the record and his personal issues. It's comments like these from him that make me even more sure that he'll be back next year.

Also, it's comments like these from the All-Pro TE that makes me think that Thigpen is going to be the guy next year. If he keeps playing at this level, there's no way the Chiefs take a QB in the draft next year in the first few rounds. They might take one late to replace Huard or Croyle, but I think the Chiefs will be content to proceed with Thigpen as the QB for the foreseeable future. I think Gray has replaced Huard as the experienced vet backup on this team and if the Chiefs take a QB in the draft, he'll probably be replacing Croyle.

The classier Tony acts, the harder he plays, the more value he will have in the off season. I want Tony here as much as the next guy, but if there is one athelete in the NFl that deserves a legitimate shot at a superbowl it's this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    The classier Tony acts, the harder he plays, the more value he will have in the off season. I want Tony here as much as the next guy, but if there is one athelete in the NFl that deserves a legitimate shot at a superbowl it's this guy.
    No argument. I would love for the Chiefs to get a 2nd round pick for him. I just don't think it happens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123