Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: couple questions

Default couple questions

I had a wedding to go to today. It looks like the Chiefs had a much better defensive game today. Does anyone know how many of the original starters actually started today?

How did Thigpen look?
    How did the two lines look?
    Who started at CB?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I had a wedding to go to today. It looks like the Chiefs had a much better defensive game today. Does anyone know how many of the original starters actually started today?

How did Thigpen look?
    How did the two lines look?
    Who started at CB?
    Thigpen looked very average. Decent completion% and yardage, but no TDs and 1 pick.

O-line did let more pressure get through, but they did alright run blocking. D-line did absolutely nothing, as usual.

CB was Flowers and Leggett?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

the defense played great. the only touchdown they gave up was courtesy of a thigpen interception. wich gave the raiders the ball at the one yard line.thigpen did not have his best game statistically.but he scrambled at the end and kept the chains moving to get us the win.larry freaking johnson showed up and gave us a run game. legget had a fumble returned for a touchdown.and flowers had a fumble recovery courtesy of rocky boieman

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    the defense played great. the only touchdown they gave up was courtesy of a thigpen interception. wich gave the raiders the ball at the one yard line.thigpen did not have his best game statistically.but he scrambled at the end and kept the chains moving to get us the win.larry freaking johnson showed up and gave us a run game. legget had a fumble returned for a touchdown.and flowers had a fumble recovery courtesy of rocky boieman
    I'm as happy to get a win as anybody, and really happy to beat the raiders. But our devense didn't play great! Russell had all day to throw, he just can't. Missed his receivers by a mile. We had zero pressure on him. We did play ok, as we managed to not let them run all over us like they did last time. But we can't let a real
    QB have that kind of time or it will be another route.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I'm as happy to get a win as anybody, and really happy to beat the raiders. But our devense didn't play great! Russell had all day to throw, he just can't. Missed his receivers by a mile. We had zero pressure on him. We did play ok, as we managed to not let them run all over us like they did last time. But we can't let a real
    QB have that kind of time or it will be another route.
    Agreed. The score was more the ineffectiveness of Russel and the Raiders' offense than the defensive prowess of the Chiefs, IMO. Still, a win feels good and I'm happy to get it.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post

I think the defense played okay, didn't give up any big plays. With that said, we got lucky. I think Jamarcus Russel has a long way to go as a NFL QB. There were two instances in which he underthrew, then overthrew two wide open receivers that would have resulted in touchdowns. That 4th and 3 when we called a timeout just to have our blitz picked up and our safety beat in the end zone really pissed me off. We just can't get any pressure of the QB. i dunno, but the d-line needs work.

The secondary and the LBs did an excellent job of tackling today. Man there were some big hits out there. I think Flowers hit was the biggest, that kid can flat out play some ball.

I still can't believe they beat the jets earlier this year.
    I'll take a win over the faders any day because...
    FADERS SUCK.
    SHUT IT

The win was great. But in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't impressive. It was our 25th ranked offense against their 25th ranked defense. I'm sure Herm is in Clark Hunt's office telling him how we're much better now and how he needs a contract extension for him and Carl both to make "the youth experiment work."

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    The win was great. But in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't impressive. It was our 25th ranked offense against their 25th ranked defense. I'm sure Herm is in Clark Hunt's office telling him how we're much better now and how he needs a contract extension for him and Carl both to make "the youth experiment work."
    Hey, when a team with 1 win can go on the road and beat ANYBODY, its a good win!! Herm blows!!!
    SHUT IT

Any win against the faders is awesome! especially the last 7? in their house!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast