Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas got SCREWWED!...

Default Texas got SCREWWED!...

Hmmmm, lets see, what happens when you beat both the Sooners and the Tigers?

Answer?..... Anybody? ........

Sorry, times up.

You get to watch both teams play in the big 12 championship!

Bwaaahahaaahaa..........this is too comical!

"If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative"

Do you have trouble reading...it just is that logically head-to-head does not work in a 3-way tie situation where each team beat each other...that should not be to difficult to understand...The Big XII chose the highest BCS team to give the conference its best chance for a team in the MNC game...Those are the rules all AD's from all of the schools agreed upon...

You can make an arguement for any 3 teams.

But when you look at the fact that Texas had to go through the gauntlet of Oklahoma, Missouri, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech all in a row. They had it much harder!

And that Texas Tech loss was on a fluke TD pass from Texas Tech. Texas beat OU much more outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    "If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative"

Do you have trouble reading...it just is that logically head-to-head does not work in a 3-way tie situation where each team beat each other...that should not be to difficult to understand...The Big XII chose the highest BCS team to give the conference its best chance for a team in the MNC game...Those are the rules all AD's from all of the schools agreed upon...
    Hey Stoops lover,

In that scenario of a 3 team tie, the lowest team in the BCS rankings is dropped from the equation!!!! READ IT!!!! At that point the SEC and ACC and Big 10 and another conference all go head to head. The Big 12 can blame themselves for this one! It was once in their guidelines and then they took it out. Now, they will look at putting it back in. Do you watch tv or listen to the radio or read any newspaper articles? Their talking about it all over the place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Hey Stoops lover,

In that scenario of a 3 team tie, the lowest team in the BCS rankings is dropped from the equation!!!! READ IT!!!! At that point the SEC and ACC and Big 10 and another conference all go head to head. The Big 12 can blame themselves for this one! It was once in their guidelines and then they took it out. Now, they will look at putting it back in. Do you watch tv or listen to the radio or read any newspaper articles? Their talking about it all over the place!!!

Excuse me, we are playing by the rules all of the Big XII teams agreed to, no more fiction please...

Hey Stoops lover,

So, Texas got screwed because, instead of dropping one of three teams from the running based on BCS rankings, that particular conference uses a set of rules that just takes the highest BCS ranked instead?

Sounds like Texas should have just beaten Texas Tech and this wouldn't be a problem.

The problem here is that OU will annihilate MU and then get embarrassed in their bowl game. AS USUAL
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So, Texas got screwed because, instead of dropping one of three teams from the running based on BCS rankings, that particular conference uses a set of rules that just takes the highest BCS ranked instead?

Sounds like Texas should have just beaten Texas Tech and this wouldn't be a problem.
    What I am saying is that the BCS is NOT to blame in this particular situation!!!!! It is the Big 12 that can only blame themselves. They used to have the same tiebreaker rules as the ACC, SEC, MAC and Conference America! They then at some point decided to go to this system that negates any and all head to head match ups and strictly decides tiebreakers on the highest BCS ranking! As I also said, when dealing with 7 or 8 tiebreaker rules in those other conferences they all use BCS rankings and with the exception of the Big 12, in the occurance of a three way tie, the lowest rank (T. Tech) should be dropped and then there is only a two way tie that should be decided by a head to head system.

I don't root for either of these teams so I couldn't care less but this seems to me to be the most fair system!! Oh yea and by the way, why is it ok to let a computer dictate who goes and who doesn't? ALL of the HUMAN polls suggested the voters thought Texas should be the team from the south In the Big 12 Championship game!!

What I am saying is that the BCS is NOT to blame in this particular situation!!!!! It is the Big 12 that can only blame themselves. They used to have the same tiebreaker rules as the ACC, SEC, MAC and Conference America! They then at some point decided to go to this system that negates any and all head to head match ups and strictly decides tiebreakers on the highest BCS ranking! As I also said, when dealing with 7 or 8 tiebreaker rules in those other conferences they all use BCS rankings and with the exception of the Big 12, in the occurance of a three way tie, the lowest rank (T. Tech) should be dropped and then there is only a two way tie that should be decided by a head to head system.

I don't root for either of these teams so I couldn't care less but this seems to me to be the most fair system!! Oh yea and by the way, why is it ok to let a computer dictate who goes and who doesn't? ALL of the HUMAN polls suggested the voters thought Texas should be the team from the south In the Big 12 Championship game!!
    Why should one be dropped? They had the same record, and they beat Texas.

Why does it make a difference if you use the BCS rankings to eliminate one, or just use it to eliminate both?

Had Texas gone, you would still have TT getting screwed, since they beat Texas.

If you want to use human polls to determine the outcome of that kind of situation, then that needs to be put into the rules.

But everyone prefers to use the BCS. And the BCS has Oklahoma ranked higher. So Oklahoma it is.

No matter how you did it, without playing more games, someone was going to get screwed.

But, as I said before. Texas should have beaten TT, then this is all taken care of, nice and neat.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Why should one be dropped? They had the same record, and they beat Texas.

Why does it make a difference if you use the BCS rankings to eliminate one, or just use it to eliminate both?

Had Texas gone, you would still have TT getting screwed, since they beat Texas.

If you want to use human polls to determine the outcome of that kind of situation, then that needs to be put into the rules.

But everyone prefers to use the BCS. And the BCS has Oklahoma ranked higher. So Oklahoma it is.

No matter how you did it, without playing more games, someone was going to get screwed.

But, as I said before. Texas should have beaten TT, then this is all taken care of, nice and neat.
    Ha!! You say everybody uses the BCS. Your right except when there is a 3 way tie!! I just named the conferences and left the Big 10 out but all of the afformentioned use head to head as well as the BCS. It would be the same as if there were a 12 team tie! There would have to be a system to get down to the top 2 teams. I think all of those other conferences have it right personally.

If you think that going undefeated is the way to go then why aren't the 2 undefeated teams playing in the Title game? It's just not that easy and there are tooooooo many variables in college football.

Your right about putting the human factor into the rule but that is an NCAA thing not a conference thing! You can argue just to argue and thats what your doing but when the arguably "best conference in college football" for the last 10 years has this head to head rule in their guidelines. I think it's time the rest fall in line!! You will not get me to let this one go no matter how long you argue!!!!

Or, the NCAA could just put in the DAMN PLAYOFF!!!

Conference champions should just end in a tie like they do in basketball. Throw out that conference championship game because that damned game has done more damage to the Big 12 than anything else. How many times has the Big 12 lost a shot at the national championship because of that game.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast