Thread: James Laurinaitis

Hybrid View

Default James Laurinaitis

I don't have cable so it's been hard watching all of the college games this year. I watched this kid play last year and he was really good and I hear he's tearing it up this season. For those of you who have seen him play, do you think he'd be worth an early first round pick? I think middle linebacker is something the Chiefs should be considering in the first round because it seems like all of the good linebackers go early. I figure you can always pick up good linemen in the second or third and even if you draft one in the first, it will take them a full season to get up to speed anyway. I know Boiman has been playing much better than Thomas but I wouldn't hang my hat on him just yet. We need a f*ing baller in the middle of that field.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    I don't have cable so it's been hard watching all of the college games this year. I watched this kid play last year and he was really good and I hear he's tearing it up this season. For those of you who have seen him play, do you think he'd be worth an early first round pick? I think middle linebacker is something the Chiefs should be considering in the first round because it seems like all of the good linebackers go early. I figure you can always pick up good linemen in the second or third and even if you draft one in the first, it will take them a full season to get up to speed anyway. I know Boiman has been playing much better than Thomas but I wouldn't hang my hat on him just yet. We need a f*ing baller in the middle of that field.
    I have watched quite a few Ohio State games and he is just as good however, it seems that Marcus Freeman (LB) is always there helping on the same tackles so I'm not sure if he is really as good as we all think because he is getting help from this guy ALL the time. I just don't know????? They are 1 and 2 as far as tackles go. The numbers are close with Laurinaitis having 46 and Freeman having 34 solo tackles but Freeman has 9 tackles for losses at 44 yds and Laurinaitis only has 5 for 32 yds. Don't know what any of this means but he is good I just don't know if having a safety net helps him be better. When he gets to the NFL and doesn't have that help, is he as good? I guess we will find out!!
    Last edited by Drunker Hillbilly; 12-03-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Well, at least if we get we can all wear Road Warrior shoulder pads to the game!

I think Laurinaitis would be a great player to have. He has the speed and size for the total package when it comes to a linebacker. I put him ahead of Rey Maualuga because Laurinaitis has better coverage skills. Plus, because of his versatility, he could play ILB or OLB (I bring this up because Herm wants to try Derrick Johnson as the ILB for this next game). However, I think it all depends on where we end up in the draft. If we stay near the top say top 5, more than likely we should draft an OT (I'm liking Michael Oher) because they are the only players worth taking that high. Now if we win some games and drop down a little in the draft, then yes, Laurinaitis would be a great player to go for. I think he can step in on day one and contribute for the team.