Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***The Official Dark Cloud Reaction To Today's Game Against Denver***

Default ***The Official Dark Cloud Reaction To Today's Game Against Denver***

Optimists need not apply!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I do appreciate you staying in negative zone for this thread.

Yeah, DT is a very hard position to predict. It is the one position I think you need to give a long learning curve (two years, at least) to. Of course, that's why I think teams shouldn't draft DT high unless their other positions are filled.

It's too early to tell if Dorsey will end up good or not in the long run. But I think we can agree that he was not the quick fix that he was built up as, and that he needs to get a lot better. Also, I think his high number of tackles is more indicative of the fact that offenses feel safe running right at him. If he had that high of tackles and the Chiefs were a top-15 run defense, I'd be a lot more impressed.
    Exactly, Sims was also pegged as the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Just denoting that like Sims' rookie season; Dorsey too is a bit of a disappointment.
    I noticed a tiny bit of improvement in Dorsey this week where he got to the RB and tackled him. Of course, that could be as jml said, running over and over at him, and eventually, you run into a play once in awhile. I hope he gets more consistent.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I noticed a tiny bit of improvement in Dorsey this week where he got to the RB and tackled him. Of course, that could be as jml said, running over and over at him, and eventually, you run into a play once in awhile. I hope he gets more consistent.
    Me too, I would like nothing more than to see him shed the stigma of Sims.

don't be too hasty comparing Dorsey to Sims. Sims had a total of 6 tackles in six games his rookie season. his best total to date was 2003 with 38 total with 4 being assists.he currently has 12 tackles 1.5 sacks for this year. GD has 36 tackles 1 sack and 1ff his rookie season.does it or does it not take about three years for a DT to mature? just asking. I keep hearing that three years is the magic number...

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    don't be too hasty comparing Dorsey to Sims. Sims had a total of 6 tackles in six games his rookie season. his best total to date was 2003 with 38 total with 4 being assists.he currently has 12 tackles 1.5 sacks for this year. GD has 36 tackles 1 sack and 1ff his rookie season.does it or does it not take about three years for a DT to mature? just asking. I keep hearing that three years is the magic number...
    It is, indeed, true, it's just hard to be patient around here with all of the busts on the D-line that we've had to deal with.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Yep...

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    It is, indeed, true, it's just hard to be patient around here with all of the busts on the D-line that we've had to deal with.
    ...And, yep!

Anticipation, assignments, TACKLING, getting pressure; these are but a short-list of the problems that make Chiefs defense too painful to watch.

This is THEE WORST Chiefs Defense I have EVER seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Anticipation, assignments, TACKLING, getting pressure; these are but a short-list of the problems that make Chiefs defense too painful to watch.

This is THEE WORST Chiefs Defense I have EVER seen.
    Never thought I would see a Gunther Cunningham defense eclipse a Greg Robinson defense as the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Never thought I would see a Gunther Cunningham defense eclipse a Greg Robinson defense as the absolute worst.
    I'm willing to cut the line a little bit of slack for their youth, and because this scheme of ours asks a LOT from a defensive line.

But the LB Corps is just the most horrifyingly comical disaster this side of Pop Warner!
    The general consensus is that our CB Coach( who's name escapes me )is the ONLY guy who should be standing after a complete 'Scorch The Earth' of Chiefs Defensive Staff Personnel.

And I agree wholeheartedly.

This franchise has long been in need of a house cleaning.

Nite Crowd!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast