Thread: This isn't about football. I was hoping that someone here would be able to assist me.

Default This isn't about football. I was hoping that someone here would be able to assist me.

My dad built a 1946 Model A John Deere tractor and now he needs a part that he called a power take-off. He wanted me to find something online around
    Conway, Missouri; I assume he means to have the part sent there. Every site I went on said that they don't know what I meant by "power take-off" part. I don't know what to do because he needs his tractor working again. If someone here happens to be a John Deere parts dealer, I would be thrilled for your help .
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Sent you a pm

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Im no dealer but I grew up on the farm. Is he talking about the PTO pump, shaft or what. There are several components to the PTO system.

I have no idea.

I would love to help and my brother rebuilds old tractors as a hobby - but we are a case family. He does know a lot of people doing the same thing.. I will ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    My dad built a 1946 Model A John Deere tractor and now he needs a part that he called a power take-off. He wanted me to find something online around
    Conway, Missouri; I assume he means to have the part sent there. Every site I went on said that they don't know what I meant by "power take-off" part. I don't know what to do because he needs his tractor working again. If someone here happens to be a John Deere parts dealer, I would be thrilled for your help .
    My little cousin had a shirt that said "friends don't let friends drive red(Massey) tractors" I know this does not help, sorry

Ive got a friend up here whos Dad is an old John Deere collector/rebuilder I will ask him . If he doesnt have one I would be surprised. He has a huge shed full of them . If not I bet he knows where one is.

Smile

I am sorry for not getting back to y'all concerning this thread. Apparently my dad did get what he wanted, I'm not sure where from though. He had my brother help him to find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Im no dealer but I grew up on the farm. Is he talking about the PTO pump, shaft or what. There are several components to the PTO system.
    I think that is what is what my dad was wanting, at least a part of it I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I would love to help and my brother rebuilds old tractors as a hobby - but we are a case family. He does know a lot of people doing the same thing.. I will ask him.
    My dad loves using that JD tractor. I remember when he was spray painting it green after building it, that was back in the 70's. We were living on a farm about 10 miles south of Concordia, KS.
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    My little cousin had a shirt that said "friends don't let friends drive red(Massey) tractors" I know this does not help, sorry
    We did have another tractor, I think it was a darker color of reddish brown. We auctioned it off before we moved to the fort scott(southeast KS)area.
    Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Ive got a friend up here whos Dad is an old John Deere collector/rebuilder I will ask him . If he doesnt have one I would be surprised. He has a huge shed full of them . If not I bet he knows where one is.
    Again I thank everyone, if he still needed the part I would of preferred to send the business y'all's way.

GO! CHIEFS GO!
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>