Gonzalez: A 'disgrace' if Thigpen isn't QB in 2009
    December 7, 2008 11:12 PM

Tony is making it clear.

why dose the chefs suck ?

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    why dose the chefs suck ?
    :blingbling: Because of carl peckerson.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Still have Gray and Croyle along with Huard and Ingle. Why waste another pick on a backup? A decision NEEDS to be made. Either Thigpen is your guy or he's not. Period. Either draft your future of you have your future. I just don't see the point in draft a 5th or 6th round guy to see him ultimately wash out when you could draft another great athlete at another position.
    Agreed, we need "O" and "D" linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Still have Gray and Croyle along with Huard and Ingle. Why waste another pick on a backup? A decision NEEDS to be made. Either Thigpen is your guy or he's not. Period. Either draft your future of you have your future. I just don't see the point in draft a 5th or 6th round guy to see him ultimately wash out when you could draft another great athlete at another position.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    x2
    Hey! I though that Chiefster and me were the only ones old enough here to use the, smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Hey! I though that Chiefster and me were the only ones old enough here to use the, smiley.
    You are correct sir; although I think that rbedgood may also qualify, but I don't want to speak for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    There's about a 0% chance of Huard or Croyle being on the Chiefs next year.

Why would they use a roster spot on a guy who can't finish a game, or a journeyman backup who the coach hates?

They'll need a 3rd QB, either from the draft or from FA. Stafford is going 1, and Bradford is massively overrated. I could see us getting a Chase Daniel or Harrell in the 5th or 6th to be a project for us.
    I think there is a 90% plus chance that Brokie (opps Brody) will be on the rooster at the beginning of the '09 season. He has one more year on his contract and Herm mentioned the other day that Croyle could run this "spread" offense... Herm still loves him....

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    I think there is a 90% plus chance that Brokie (opps Brody) will be on the rooster at the beginning of the '09 season. He has one more year on his contract and Herm mentioned the other day that Croyle could run this "spread" offense... Herm still loves him....
    So because of hermies love affair with brokie, he will get the starting job, and will be out in the first game, cause no way can he take hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    I agree that QB shouldn't be as high of a priority now that Thig is playing well enough to be the guy, however, if Bradford is available when the Chiefs are on the clock, you'd be an idiot to pass him up. I don't I can say that about McCoy, Stafford or Harrell
    If you don't need a QB but that is the best that is available, yet there is a player that you need at a lower position, you trade down and grab another pick in the third or fourth round.

I just don't see wasting a first round pick because he is the guy available. Not only is it stupid to do it, it is also costly when you try to sign the guy. Let someone else have that headache and go for the hot Offensive Tackle or Linebacker that you need.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    If you don't need a QB but that is the best that is available, yet there is a player that you need at a lower position, you trade down and grab another pick in the third or fourth round.

I just don't see wasting a first round pick because he is the guy available. Not only is it stupid to do it, it is also costly when you try to sign the guy. Let someone else have that headache and go for the hot Offensive Tackle or Linebacker that you need.
    Yup, because even the best of QBs behind a lousy "O" line will be equally ineffective.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast