Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

Default Tony Gonzalez

Gonzalez: A 'disgrace' if Thigpen isn't QB in 2009
    December 7, 2008 11:12 PM

Tony is making it clear.

Good to see. I agree with Tony, but I think we still need to get a backup QB through thee draft. Even if the Chiefs used their 1st pick on a QB, Thigpen would/should be the starter. I would prefer the Chiefs not use their 1st pick on a QB now that Thigpen is playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Good to see. I agree with Tony, but I think we still need to get a backup QB through thee draft. Even if the Chiefs used their 1st pick on a QB, Thigpen would/should be the starter. I would prefer the Chiefs not use their 1st pick on a QB now that Thigpen is playing well.
    Still have Gray and Croyle along with Huard and Ingle. Why waste another pick on a backup? A decision NEEDS to be made. Either Thigpen is your guy or he's not. Period. Either draft your future of you have your future. I just don't see the point in draft a 5th or 6th round guy to see him ultimately wash out when you could draft another great athlete at another position.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

Tony is making it clear.
    If you were getting the ball as much as he is, wouldn't you be trying to make it clear as well?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If you were getting the ball as much as he is, wouldn't you be trying to make it clear as well?
    :sign0162:

Still have Gray and Croyle along with Huard and Ingle. Why waste another pick on a backup? A decision NEEDS to be made. Either Thigpen is your guy or he's not. Period. Either draft your future of you have your future. I just don't see the point in draft a 5th or 6th round guy to see him ultimately wash out when you could draft another great athlete at another position.
    I agree, we do not need to draft a QB, unless in the later rounds, but only if we have filled positions of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If the Chiefs use their first pick in the draft on a QB I'm going to be done with them. At least until Herm and CP are gone.

I'm sure that Huard is gonna be released in the off-season, and I'm not sure about Croyle, either.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm sure that Huard is gonna be released in the off-season, and I'm not sure about Croyle, either.
    There's about a 0% chance of Huard or Croyle being on the Chiefs next year.

Why would they use a roster spot on a guy who can't finish a game, or a journeyman backup who the coach hates?

They'll need a 3rd QB, either from the draft or from FA. Stafford is going 1, and Bradford is massively overrated. I could see us getting a Chase Daniel or Harrell in the 5th or 6th to be a project for us.

I agree that QB shouldn't be as high of a priority now that Thig is playing well enough to be the guy, however, if Bradford is available when the Chiefs are on the clock, you'd be an idiot to pass him up. I don't I can say that about McCoy, Stafford or Harrell
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast