Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The biggest problem with our D

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default The biggest problem with our D


    0 Not allowed!
    Our Linebackers are ALWAYS out of position. This has been true for so long. Sure, we don't have a pass rush. Yes, I know we can't stop the run. I think a lot of our problems could be solved, however, if our LBs were properly coached. I'm really affraid that we're going to draft high profile Linebackers like Laurenitis and Malagulalala (whatever his name is) but they're still going to suck because they'll never be in the right spot to make a play.
    Here's a picture I drew to explain what I'm talking about. The blue X's are where our linebackers are before the play and is where they should generally be (depending on the defense) when the play is over. It's called STAYING HOME. The red X's represent where our linebackers run to once the ball is snapped, leaving the entire middle of the field open.

    C'mon Gun, Pee Wee Defenses can figure this sh*t out. Why can't YOU?!?!
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I dont agree with the coaching opinion. Gunther Cunningham is one of the best, if not the best Linebackers coach in all of football. Ask Kieth Bullock who credits Gun with his entire success. Or Jeff Fisher who was willing to match the chiefs coordinator money for him to stay as a linebackers coach. Some of the defenses that we remember so proudly as Chiefs fans were coached by the Gun. This is the worst defense he's had in his career, but its also the worst defensive group of players that he has had in his career. The gun is here to stay and Im glad.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I dont agree with the coaching opinion. Gunther Cunningham is one of the best, if not the best Linebackers coach in all of football. Ask Kieth Bullock who credits Gun with his entire success. Or Jeff Fisher who was willing to match the chiefs coordinator money for him to stay as a linebackers coach. Some of the defenses that we remember so proudly as Chiefs fans were coached by the Gun. This is the worst defense he's had in his career, but its also the worst defensive group of players that he has had in his career. The gun is here to stay and Im glad.
    I disagree greatly, he may have been great once, but he's lost it. He got here in 05, and our defense has stunk it up every season with the exception of 07 thanks to Jared Allen. Not to mention, I don't think Gunther can handle coaching LBs and the duties of the defensive coordinator at the same time.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm basing my conclusion on what I've seen in recent years, not by what Keith Bullock has to say. You can say it's the Cover 2 we run, but we always leave the middle of the field wide open every single down. Blame Gun, Herm the players, I don't care... it just needs to be corrected.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I dont agree with the coaching opinion. Gunther Cunningham is one of the best, if not the best Linebackers coach in all of football. Ask Kieth Bullock who credits Gun with his entire success. Or Jeff Fisher who was willing to match the chiefs coordinator money for him to stay as a linebackers coach. Some of the defenses that we remember so proudly as Chiefs fans were coached by the Gun. This is the worst defense he's had in his career, but its also the worst defensive group of players that he has had in his career. The gun is here to stay and Im glad.
    Like any coach, Gun looks good when he has good athletes to coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    I'm basing my conclusion on what I've seen in recent years, not by what Keith Bullock has to say. You can say it's the Cover 2 we run, but we always leave the middle of the field wide open every single down. Blame Gun, Herm the players, I don't care... it just needs to be corrected.
    Absolutely agreed! Rep!


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    13,949
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We've been blaming the players for a long time in KC. I'm beginning to second guess Gunther.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    We've been blaming the players for a long time in KC. I'm beginning to second guess Gunther.
    I too wonder about him. I have for quite some time felt that Herm needed to go, and I know Carl does.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Get rid of the whole coaching staff, besides Gailey. I think the players would respond much better to a change in system. Just look at the Dolphins.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    879
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    To bad we cannot trade a high draft pick for an entire coaching staff...
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    To bad we cannot trade a high draft pick for an entire coaching staff...
    I can just hear the conversation the Jets GM had with the owner.

    GM: "They actually want Herm in exchange for a fourth round draft pick!

    Owner: Quick take 'em up on it before Clark and Carl sober up and come to their senses!!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •