Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The biggest problem with our D

Default The biggest problem with our D

Our Linebackers are ALWAYS out of position. This has been true for so long. Sure, we don't have a pass rush. Yes, I know we can't stop the run. I think a lot of our problems could be solved, however, if our LBs were properly coached. I'm really affraid that we're going to draft high profile Linebackers like Laurenitis and Malagulalala (whatever his name is) but they're still going to suck because they'll never be in the right spot to make a play.
    Here's a picture I drew to explain what I'm talking about. The blue X's are where our linebackers are before the play and is where they should generally be (depending on the defense) when the play is over. It's called STAYING HOME. The red X's represent where our linebackers run to once the ball is snapped, leaving the entire middle of the field open.

C'mon Gun, Pee Wee Defenses can figure this sh*t out. Why can't YOU?!?!
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Get rid of the whole coaching staff, besides Gailey. I think the players would respond much better to a change in system. Just look at the Dolphins.
    I would like that so much. But who is going to make those changes? Carl? However, you want to look at it, the defense is consistantly bad, which means it is coaching not players. Gunther has to go. He is not the guru everyone thought he was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12