Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rudy niswanger

Default rudy niswanger

i know he is injured right now.but do you guys think he has what it takes to be a part of a revamped o-line for the chiefs in the future. i personally think he has played well not great but well. and with a little more time with the team he could do some nice things for the chiefs

Hard to tell at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Hard to tell at this point.
    Yeah, bad guards can make a good C look horrible, while good guards can mask a bad C. This is because against most 4-3 defenses, the C is responsible for picking up blitzes and stunts, or helping to double one of the tackles. I think he is probably at the level of an average C, but unfortunately only time will tell. I think he will look good if we get a great RG next to him.

Well, Its funny you mention this.... Unfortunatly, I live in Denver, so I have to see and hear about the Donkeys all the time. With that said, I can tell you personally that Casey Wiegmann is having a pro bowl type season in Denver and they have accepted this guy like his name is Casey Elway. 3 weeks ago, He completely destroyed Kris Jenkins (one of the best nose guards in football) for 60 minutes relentlessly. This guy is doing interviews in the paper all the time, talking sh!t about the Chiefs all the time and just playing his a$$ off all the time. It makes me puke in my mouth when ever I see him. Not because I hate this guy, but because I cant stand the fact the one of our true Chief members is wearing blue and orange. This guy was part of one of the best O-lines ever for years. All the sudden he wasnt good anymore? Anyway, to answer your question I think Rudy is doing a good job but He should not be our starter. Thats Caseys job! As far as him starting next year? He will by default. He's not bad enough to have to replace and considering how many holes we have, we wont be picking up a center anytime soon.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 12-10-2008 at 10:36 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Well, Its funny you mention this.... Unfortunatly, I live in Denver, so I have to see and hear about the Donkeys all the time. With that said, I can tell you personally that Casey Wiegmann is having a pro bowl type season in Denver and they have accepted this guy like his name is Casey Elway. 3 weeks ago, He completely destroyed Kris Jenkins (one of the best nose guards in football) for 60 minutes relentlessly. This guy is doing interviews in the paper all the time, talking sh!t about the Chiefs all the time and just playing his a$$ off all the time. It makes me puke in my mouth when ever I see him. Not because I hate this guy, but because I cant stand the fact the one of our true Chief members is wearing blue and orange. This guy was part of one of the best O-lines ever for years. All the sudden he wasnt good anymore? Anyway, to answer your question I think Rudy is doing a good job but He should not be our starter. Thats Caseys job! As far as him starting next year? He will by default. He's not bad enough to have to replace and considering how many holes we have, we wont be picking up a center anytime soon.
    Yep that was a good deal, sending Casey down the road, Thanks carl and herm, you guys are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i know he is injured right now.but do you guys think he has what it takes to be a part of a revamped o-line for the chiefs in the future. i personally think he has played well not great but well. and with a little more time with the team he could do some nice things for the chiefs
    I think he can be, but he needs more support from the rest of the line.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post

yeah! that was a good call for the "youth movement". we dont care about talent! not saying Niswanger isnt decent and wont be good but Wiegmann shoulda never been sent packing.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    I don't like him. He's a good snapper, but he isn't a good pass blocker, and he's worse as a run blocker. He'll make a good backup, with us or elsewhere, but I'd rather replace him if possible.

I'd be the first to admit that getting a new RG and RT takes precedence, and that Niswanger is a better center tan Albai a RG or McIntosh a RT, but still, I don't see Niswanger ever being in the top 2/3 of NFL starting Cs or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Yeah, bad guards can make a good C look horrible, while good guards can mask a bad C. This is because against most 4-3 defenses, the C is responsible for picking up blitzes and stunts, or helping to double one of the tackles. I think he is probably at the level of an average C, but unfortunately only time will tell. I think he will look good if we get a great RG next to him.
    It is a group effort. We need players that have chemistry that compliment one another's play on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't like him. He's a good snapper, but he isn't a good pass blocker, and he's worse as a run blocker. He'll make a good backup, with us or elsewhere, but I'd rather replace him if possible.

I'd be the first to admit that getting a new RG and RT takes precedence, and that Niswanger is a better center tan Albai a RG or McIntosh a RT, but still, I don't see Niswanger ever being in the top 2/3 of NFL starting Cs or anything.
    nope weigman should still be a chief but he is not he is a lame donkey. so that makes him a traitor he can stay gone. but niswanger is in his third year as a pro with very little starting experiance give him some time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast