Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNNSI Redo of 2008 NFL Draft

Default CNNSI Redo of 2008 NFL Draft

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Not very kind to Albert or Dorsey.

Kansas City Chiefs (Original Pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU)
    RE-DO PICK: CHRIS LONG, DE, VIRGINIA
    The Chiefs have gotten virtually zero impact out of Dorsey, and they sure could have used some defensive line help to offset the loss of the traded Jared Allen. Long has modest statistics, but his four sacks are a good first step in the right direction. Don't forget it took Mario Williams until year two to find his groove.

Kansas City Chiefs (Branden Albert, OL, Virginia)
    RE-DO PICK: JOHN CARLSON, TE, NOTRE DAME
    It's hard to quibble with Albert, who has been all the Chiefs could have expected from a rookie left tackle. But Carlson is one of the best young tight ends in the league, and if Kansas City had him, it would have definitely moved veteran Tony Gonzalez at the trade deadline for some more draft picks to aid in its rebuilding project.

It wasn't unkind to Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Kansas City Chiefs (Original Pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU)
    RE-DO PICK: CHRIS LONG, DE, VIRGINIA
    The Chiefs have gotten virtually zero impact out of Dorsey, and they sure could have used some defensive line help to offset the loss of the traded Jared Allen. Long has modest statistics, but his four sacks are a good first step in the right direction. Don't forget it took Mario Williams until year two to find his groove.

Kansas City Chiefs (Branden Albert, OL, Virginia)
    RE-DO PICK: JOHN CARLSON, TE, NOTRE DAME
    It's hard to quibble with Albert, who has been all the Chiefs could have expected from a rookie left tackle. But Carlson is one of the best young tight ends in the league, and if Kansas City had him, it would have definitely moved veteran Tony Gonzalez at the trade deadline for some more draft picks to aid in its rebuilding project.

It wasn't unkind to Albert.
    True. I meant more that they moved him down to 30 and Dorsey to 29.

The Carlson pick over Albert was pretty idiotic on CNNSI's part. I agree with the Long over Dorsey pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    True. I meant more that they moved him down to 30 and Dorsey to 29.

The Carlson pick over Albert was pretty idiotic on CNNSI's part. I agree with the Long over Dorsey pick.
    Same here; I hope Dorsey improves over the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Same here; I hope Dorsey improves over the off season.
    I think the strength of o-linemen surprises most rookie d-linemen. I hope that with some offseason weightlifting and some technique improvement, he can bring some presence to our DL. I hope ...

I disagree with the CNNSI pick. I dont think you can justify drafting a TE in the first round with the OL that we had last year. Hell with the OL we have this year it will be hard to pass up on a guaranteed stud OT this year. You guys are starting to convince me that we should go LT in first round and move Albert to the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I think the strength of o-linemen surprises most rookie d-linemen. I hope that with some offseason weightlifting and some technique improvement, he can bring some presence to our DL. I hope ...

I disagree with the CNNSI pick. I dont think you can justify drafting a TE in the first round with the OL that we had last year. Hell with the OL we have this year it will be hard to pass up on a guaranteed stud OT this year. You guys are starting to convince me that we should go LT in first round and move Albert to the right side.
    I hope he lives in the gym/weight room.

Looks like Albert is the 5th best LT taken last year according to SI.com

Albert was the 4th LT drafted so honestly not to bad I guess only dropping one spot.

That guy can't be serious. John Carlson??? Get lost. Lots of things I would redo, but the Chiefs taking John Carlson in the 1st round is laughable.

That's why he's an "Expert".

that is one of the dumbest things i have ever seen, he has the dolphins not taking long who provides the protection for pennington. last i seen the dolphins made a heck of a turn around and are a legitimant playoff contender.then he has the ravens without flacco again playoff bound because of him.and the falcons without ryan again playoff contenders because of him. imagine if we would have not gotten a SOLID lt for the future we would be really screwed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast