Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: san diego 1st team to see our offense twice

Default san diego 1st team to see our offense twice

i think we will learn alot about the future of our spread formation/hybrid offense this weekend. the chargers are the first team to see it for a second time.i am curious if they will be able to stop it this time. i hope not go chiefs

Given our defense, I wouldn't bet on a win. But, I'm with you; I hope we can pick up win number three.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Given our defense, I wouldn't bet on a win. But, I'm with you; I hope we can pick up win number three.
    a win would be great but like you said our defense might not allow it.but i will be looking more into this game to see if the adjustmants are easy to make against this offense. i think we will learn alot

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    a win would be great but like you said our defense might not allow it.but i will be looking more into this game to see if the adjustmants are easy to make against this offense. i think we will learn alot

Speaking of adjustments, I'd really like to Herm make a few at half time. Maybe we would win as many second halfs as we do first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Speaking of adjustments, I'd really like to Herm make a few at half time. Maybe we would win as many second halfs as we do first.
    yeah but that would take good coaching skills something herm does not currently posess

This offense comes down to Thigpen making the right decisions. IMO, he has done a good job of that so far. Other than underthrowing balls from time to time, I think he's done well. If we lose this game on Sunday, it won't be because of the spread offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This offense comes down to Thigpen making the right decisions. IMO, he has done a good job of that so far. Other than underthrowing balls from time to time, I think he's done well. If we lose this game on Sunday, it won't be because of the spread offense.

Agreed! It has been a severe lack of defense these past few games IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Funny thing is that once in awhile he's done both. He's underthrown and overthrown at times. Last week, he had Darling wide open and would've been an easy TD, but not only did he overthrow him, he nearly threw it out of the end-zone!

I remember another time specifically where he hit Bradley, but it was greatly underthrown, and that would've been a TD if it was thrown perfectly, that drive led to a FG.

Now, I'm not bashing on Thig, he's done a fine job and not all QBs can make 100% of their throws perfect, I just hope that he can make the throws, you know, the throws that matter in the clutch. Those throws are what define QBs like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, and I'm hoping that he can become something like that.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

He's still young. He's still learning. But in the span of ONE season at the helm, consider the improvement he's made as a 7th round draft pick.
    I think the kid has shown the potential to be a pro bowler, and one of the best in the league. I just hope we give him his fair shot. I'd really hate to see a Ganon/Grbac repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    He's still young. He's still learning. But in the span of ONE season at the helm, consider the improvement he's made as a 7th round draft pick.
    I think the kid has shown the potential to be a pro bowler, and one of the best in the league. I just hope we give him his fair shot. I'd really hate to see a Ganon/Grbac repeat.

Absolutely agree, I hoping for a much better season next year. Of course they couldn't possibly do much worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast