Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Have wins, will travel...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default Have wins, will travel...


    0 Not allowed!
    Is Marty Schottenheimer returning to Cleveland?
    That’s an interesting item, which raises an interesting question. Does it make sense for a troubled franchise to take a page from a winning past, or should it go out and buy a new book?...

    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/12...s_will_travel/


  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Question Nice article


    0 Not allowed!
    Yet, no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with more than one franchise. Only five coaches, most recently the Seahawks’ Mike Holmgren, have even taken two franchises to a Super Bowl. They also include Dick Vermeil, who before joining the Chiefs in 2001 had reached a Super Bowl with the Eagles and won one with the Rams.

    So on that note..Where do you get a coach? They never win twice in a life time.. The yellow pages...?? Everbody wants HH to go..But $ and the coaches pool seems thin. Were in for hard times like the rest of the country...$$ The Chiefs do not have.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Yet, no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with more than one franchise. Only five coaches, most recently the Seahawks’ Mike Holmgren, have even taken two franchises to a Super Bowl. They also include Dick Vermeil, who before joining the Chiefs in 2001 had reached a Super Bowl with the Eagles and won one with the Rams.

    So on that note..Where do you get a coach? They never win twice in a life time.. The yellow pages...?? Everbody wants HH to go..But $ and the coaches pool seems thin. Were in for hard times like the rest of the country...$$ The Chiefs do not have.
    Coaches - R - Us!


  4. #4
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Coaches - R - Us!
    Thats where you go to find Herm.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Thats where you go to find Herm.
    Eggsactly!


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty sure quite a few of us here on the forums could do a much better job than Herm for much less money.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm pretty sure quite a few of us here on the forums could do a much better job than Herm for much less money.
    Why, I'd even let them fire me over the internet.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,402
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Why, I'd even let them fire me over the internet.
    Me to, Me to, Just give me one year salary guaranteed and fire me, I would be happy.
    But I could coach, maybe, for longer if needed.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Me to, Me to, Just give me one year salary guaranteed and fire me, I would be happy.
    But I could coach, maybe, for longer if needed.

    Nlot me; I just want the money!















    Nite Crowd!


  10. #10
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I support TC, as long as I am his GM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •