Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pollard and page laying some licks

Default pollard and page laying some licks

these guys brought there game today with some wicked hitting

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    So did tamba hali and brandon flowers, finally some pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Too bad they allowed San Diego 346 yards of passing. Hitting hard is one thing, but actually defending the pass is another. This was a game that the defense gave away, again.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Too bad they allowed San Diego 346 yards of passing. Hitting hard is one thing, but actually defending the pass is another. This was a game that the defense gave away, again.

They weren't running effectively and they were behind. When you throw he ball 50 times, it's not hard to get 346 passing yards racked up. That's like rushing 50 times and having a 150 yard day.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    They weren't running effectively and they were behind. When you throw he ball 50 times, it's not hard to get 346 passing yards racked up. That's like rushing 50 times and having a 150 yard day.
    The defense gave up 12 points(2 TD) in the last 5 minutes at home. The last possession took just 35 seconds to move 61 yards and score. Are you defending that?

we're not having this discussion if bowe would have held on to the damn ball, but i guess greg that was herms fault too right??

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    we're not having this discussion if bowe would have held on to the damn ball, but i guess greg that was herms fault too right??
    Maybe it was bad coaching. Seems if he would have not jumped into the air for theatrics, maybe we would have won. I don't know. The offense did their job, the defense obviously did not.

But in all honesty, and I know we don't agree on much, do you really think Herm should coach next year? The guy has a career record of 54-72. His Chiefs record now stands at 15-31. Our defense is the laughing stock of the NFL. Rightfully so. My frustration as a fan is unbelievable right now. Herm Edwards is not the guy to lead us into the future.

Maybe herm is not the future but im still sticking to my guns when I say bringing in a new coach is an even worse idea... And I still do like Herm.. Greg take a look at the ages of our defense that will sum up most of the issues.. With experience comes confidence and after a year like this one im sure these guys are gonna be burning inside to put a stamp on our franchise. Its been a real tough year for everyone but I think if we add a couple of veteran pieces and these guys mature we are gonna be really good soon.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Maybe herm is not the future but im still sticking to my guns when I say bringing in a new coach is an even worse idea... And I still do like Herm.. Greg take a look at the ages of our defense that will sum up most of the issues.. With experience comes confidence and after a year like this one im sure these guys are gonna be burning inside to put a stamp on our franchise. Its been a real tough year for everyone but I think if we add a couple of veteran pieces and these guys mature we are gonna be really good soon.
    I have no doubt that there is talent on this team. I just don't know whether or not a new coach sets us back further or not. Look how Miami has turned around in one season. A large part of that was Parcells. Obviously Carl Peterson has worn out his welcome. But I have this sinking feeling he'll be here next year too. Even with the talent that we have, and hopefully more in the draft, Herm Edwards has shown nothing but inconsistency throughout his head coaching career. He blames players and not himself. I guess my point is, if we keep Herm another year, who's to say we don't have another disaster in 2009 and win just 3 or 4 games? At what point is it "bad enough" to look for another leader? I think once this season is finished, Clark Hunt needs to have a press conference and really spell out the future of the Chiefs franchise, head coach and GM.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    The defense gave up 12 points(2 TD) in the last 5 minutes at home. The last possession took just 35 seconds to move 61 yards and score. Are you defending that?

I was just defending the 346 yards of pass offense agains 50 pass attempts. The offense failed to get a ffirst down on 3 different 3rd and 1's and couldn't do it. I think the offense carries just as much to blame, as well as the head coach, the special teams cooach, and a host of others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast