Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Broncos WR David Kircus Will Face Arraignment

  1. #1
    Sweets Guest

    Default Broncos WR David Kircus Will Face Arraignment


    0 Not allowed!
    Source: Carlos Illescas, Denver Post

    A man who alleges Broncos wide receiver David Kircus punched him outside his house earlier this year testified Thursday that he never saw the punch that felled him. "It was just a pop and flash and then I realized I was on the ground on my hands and knees," Jeff Krieger said during Kircus' preliminary hearing.

    After the testimony, a judge determined there was probable cause to continue toward trial. Kircus will be arraigned next month. Kircus, 27, has been charged with felony assault after the incident in Krieger's driveway on South Krameria Way in Centennial at about 4 a.m. May 20. Kircus faces five to 16 years in prison if convicted. Kircus has said he was acting in self-defense. Krieger, 26, testified that Kircus showed up at his house early May 20, after he had been talking to Leslie Schote, one of several women Krieger was partying with that night to celebrate his girlfriend's birthday.

    After Schote got upset with Kircus, Krieger said he tried to get the player to leave peacefully. After trying several times, he escorted Kircus out of his home through the garage. Krieger testified that as the two walked, Kircus said, "Once we get to the end of the driveway, you're not protected anymore." Krieger said after the punch, Kircus stood over him and said,"You don't know what I am capable of." Krieger had multiple fractures in his face
    He was the only person to testify Thursday. After the hearing, Kircus promptly left the courthouse without commenting.

    Defense attorney Harvey Steinberg noted repeatedly that Krieger had been drinking and that his memory of the events might have been clouded. Under oath, Krieger said he had at least 10 alcoholic drinks that night.
    Krieger testified he never punched Kircus.

    After the incident, Kircus took a lie-detector test, and Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said he passed it and believes the fourth-year player acted in self-defense.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Could you post some Raiders and Chargers stuff on here too please?

  3. #3
    Sweets Guest

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You're more then welcomed to post stuff...I'm the guest here...lol

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    You're more then welcomed to post stuff...I'm the guest here...lol

    Exactly!


  5. #5
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Source: Carlos Illescas, Denver Post

    A man who alleges Broncos wide receiver David Kircus punched him outside his house earlier this year testified Thursday that he never saw the punch that felled him. "It was just a pop and flash and then I realized I was on the ground on my hands and knees," Jeff Krieger said during Kircus' preliminary hearing.

    After the testimony, a judge determined there was probable cause to continue toward trial. Kircus will be arraigned next month. Kircus, 27, has been charged with felony assault after the incident in Krieger's driveway on South Krameria Way in Centennial at about 4 a.m. May 20. Kircus faces five to 16 years in prison if convicted. Kircus has said he was acting in self-defense. Krieger, 26, testified that Kircus showed up at his house early May 20, after he had been talking to Leslie Schote, one of several women Krieger was partying with that night to celebrate his girlfriend's birthday.

    After Schote got upset with Kircus, Krieger said he tried to get the player to leave peacefully. After trying several times, he escorted Kircus out of his home through the garage. Krieger testified that as the two walked, Kircus said, "Once we get to the end of the driveway, you're not protected anymore." Krieger said after the punch, Kircus stood over him and said,"You don't know what I am capable of." Krieger had multiple fractures in his face
    He was the only person to testify Thursday. After the hearing, Kircus promptly left the courthouse without commenting.

    Defense attorney Harvey Steinberg noted repeatedly that Krieger had been drinking and that his memory of the events might have been clouded. Under oath, Krieger said he had at least 10 alcoholic drinks that night.
    Krieger testified he never punched Kircus.

    After the incident, Kircus took a lie-detector test, and Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said he passed it and believes the fourth-year player acted in self-defense.
    Throw him in jail!!!! And take his coach with him!!!!

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Location
    betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.
    Posts
    1,258
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    illegal blows are the donks speciality. either the o-line or their WR`s,durning play or off field.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    illegal blows are the donks speciality. either the o-line or their WR`s,durning play or off field.

    Yup; that is why Romanowski (sp) was such a fine fit for the Faders.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •