Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson...near future?

Default Larry Johnson...near future?

Hey guys...any talk around kansas city about Larry Johnson's status for the near future? I mean if the Chiefs play well enough in the spread offence in their remaining games do the chiefs let go of larry who is sometimes a distraction and just go with a couple shifty running backs like charles and kolby and a goaline RB. Larry's production is somewhat reduced because of the spread...so would this make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Have you seen LJ play?
    Uhhh yea I have and I'll take him in a bet EVERYDAY of the week against our D line!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Uhhh yea I have and I'll take him in a bet EVERYDAY of the week against our D line!!!!!!
    LJ would roast our D-line. As long as LJ gets past the LBs, he's a beast. The only thing he really lacks is break-away speed. Against our D-line, he'd be getting 10-15 yard gains, consistently.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    You do that. I see our defense improving in the offseason, while Larry Johnson just gets older.

You do that. I see our defense improving in the offseason, while Larry Johnson just gets older.
    Whatever bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    LJ would roast our D-line. As long as LJ gets past the LBs, he's a beast. The only thing he really lacks is break-away speed. Against our D-line, he'd be getting 10-15 yard gains, consistently.
    Exactly my point!!!

I think they will cut or trade him for the cap money..

Have you seen LJ play?
    Was that a shot on LJ? So, who do you know that could have done more this year with the line that we have. How about the fact that he's had less than 19 carries in 5 out of the last 6 games. 3 of those, he had less than 7. He also missed 3 games because of his suspension (his fault.) With all of that, he's still 252 yards away from 1,000 yards, with two games left. LJ is great whenever he has room. Not sometimes when he has room. ALWAYS when he has room. Being tackled behind the line of scrimmage, like him, Kolby, and Jamal always do, obviously doesn't help. Bottom line: Knock on Larry about being a dumba$$ all you want, but dont knock his ability. If we trade him to a team that can run the ball, he will be pissed off and unstoppable.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I think they will cut or trade him for the cap money..
    That would actually hurt their cap more than it would help it this year, by a huge amount. The cap is actually one of the reasons why they probably wont be able to get rid of him.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Was that a shot on LJ? So, who do you know that could have done more this year with the line that we have. How about the fact that he's had less than 19 carries in 5 out of the last 6 games. 3 of those, he had less than 7. He also missed 3 games because of his suspension (his fault.) With all of that, he's still 252 yards away from 1,000 yards, with two games left. LJ is great whenever he has room. Not sometimes when he has room. ALWAYS when he has room. Being tackled behind the line of scrimmage, like him, Kolby, and Jamal always do, obviously doesn't help. Bottom line: Knock on Larry about being a dumba$$ all you want, but dont knock his ability. If we trade him to a team that can run the ball, he will be pissed off and unstoppable.
    Seriously, when you are ineffective, you don't get the ball alot.

I don't think that he is all that great of a HB anyway. If you have a great O-line, he can get some rushing yards. Beyond that, he is far from anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I'll take my chances.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast