Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Larry Johnson...near future?

Default Larry Johnson...near future?

Hey guys...any talk around kansas city about Larry Johnson's status for the near future? I mean if the Chiefs play well enough in the spread offence in their remaining games do the chiefs let go of larry who is sometimes a distraction and just go with a couple shifty running backs like charles and kolby and a goaline RB. Larry's production is somewhat reduced because of the spread...so would this make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I would love to trade him, I think he's still got maybe 2-3 years left in the tank, and with a good O-line, could still put together some 1500 yard seasons. Shoot, he's got near 1000 yards for us, this season, hardly even playing! I'd be all for trading him for a 2nd rounder or something.
    Agreed. The way I see it is if we go with Thigpen next season with the spread (which goes up in the air if we get a new coach), then LJ may be better served if we just get rid of him. I know he has a few more seasons to be productive, but that is the only reason he still has worth. I know some team will see that the Chiefs' bad O-line is the reason he has not done as well and the closer he gets to 1000 yards, the more a team will be willing to trade for him. For the Chiefs though, he is known as being a bad pass blocker and in the spread, running backs need to block. The Chiefs can better run the spread with Charles and Smith. LJ has shown some progress this season with his pass blocking, but at the age he is, I would get my money's worth before he loses more value.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567