Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson...near future?

Default Larry Johnson...near future?

Hey guys...any talk around kansas city about Larry Johnson's status for the near future? I mean if the Chiefs play well enough in the spread offence in their remaining games do the chiefs let go of larry who is sometimes a distraction and just go with a couple shifty running backs like charles and kolby and a goaline RB. Larry's production is somewhat reduced because of the spread...so would this make any sense?

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I dont see him going anywhere. The Chiefs tied their hands the minute they signed him to the contract. Is he a good back? I think so. Is he a potential problem? Definately. He is 1 more arrest to a possible year suspension. That is 1 reason we didnt try to keep Allen. The Chiefs took a chance that LJ would get his act together and be a asset to the team. Now we have to live with that. We can only hope that we can repair our line and hope that he will keep the straight and narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Seriously, when you are ineffective, you don't get the ball alot.

I don't think that he is all that great of a HB anyway. If you have a great O-line, he can get some rushing yards. Beyond that, he is far from anything special.
    I really would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in your life when LJ dominated when Priest went out and then the following year when he dominated the league!!

Larry has been a good back for the team, what he has done in the past and with a good O-Line what he could do in the future But, He has also been a slap in the face to the Chiefs Family with his off field troubles with women. This in itself could make or break his contract with the Chiefs as well as the cap money.......Time will only tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I really would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in your life when LJ dominated when Priest went out and then the following year when he dominated the league!!
    So then what happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    We got a bad O-line? Where have you been the last two years?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    The same thing that happens to ALL backs!!! When the O line sucks, the back sufferes!! Sanders couldn't run behind this line!!!!

I kind of see Larry cleaning up his act and I hope he does, it would save the Chiefs to spend a draft pick on a RB and it would also save the hassel of looking for an everydown back through free agents and like you guys have said, we probably wont get much value out of him right now anyway...I mean he knows what hes up against if he doesnt and that is possibly a year suspension. If you look at WR Chris Henry right now...all the troubles hes been through with the league and now he actually looks like a guy that has finally learned whats right and whats wrong. If Chris Henry can turn it around...why cant Larry Johnson. If the Chiefs get a decent O-line in front of him and with the impressive stats that Thigpen is putting up lately...it should help Larry's performance overall...

BOTTOMLINE: If the Chiefs have good run blocking and playcalling, LJ will again be one of the top 3 backs in the league. The Chiefs need to draft the best tackle available (best year EVER to do that!) and then sign a veteran RG like Stacy Andrews from Cinci or Jahri Evans from New Orleans. If we can do that, LJ will dominate. You all will love LJ again. Until he has one bad game, then you'll talk sh!t about him like Chiefs fans do to all of their favorite players.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

He is having low yardage because he wants to be traded to a better team. I'm thinking that we should keep him on because next season has to be better.

Did I say that????
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 12-20-2008 at 08:51 PM.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    BOTTOMLINE: If the Chiefs have good run blocking and playcalling, LJ will again be one of the top 3 backs in the league. The Chiefs need to draft the best tackle available (best year EVER to do that!) and then sign a veteran RG like Stacy Andrews from Cinci or Jahri Evans from New Orleans. If we can do that, LJ will dominate. You all will love LJ again. Until he has one bad game, then you'll talk sh!t about him like Chiefs fans do to all of their favorite players.
    I thought he was a bad choice when the Chiefs drafted him, so my love for LJ never happened. I don't care that he has had some good seasons. Has he led us to a Superbowl? No. Has he improved the team? No. You guys talk about how LJ is having bad years because he has a bad line. Anyone could have ran great behind that line we had with Roaf, Waters, Wiegamann, and Shields. Priest Holmes made a career in KC, but he always gave credit to the O-line. Even Derrick Blaylock made big plays as a backup to Priest Holmes.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast