Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hello, and Best of Luck this weekend!

Default Hello, and Best of Luck this weekend!

I just wanted to stop by in good sportsmanship, and say good luck this weekend. I am not here to talk smack, but to discuss football. We have our own site, and welcome opposing teams fans. It is ThePhins.com You will be treated with the utmost respect and appreciation. May the game this weekend be a great game with no injuries.I will be back after the game win or lose.
    Last edited by Fin Fan In Cali; 12-15-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Sounds like last year's Dolphins. :(
    That said, thank you very much for saying that, and here's to hoping your team will see similar improvement next year!

But again, don't sell yourselves short. Facing your team at Arrowhead in December is no joke! Plus again keep in mind: we still have a LOT of holes to fill, AND we lost of couple of starters to injuries in the last few games.
    I'm sorry to hear that. If there's one thing I hate most, it's mediocrity. The Chiefs were stuck in .500 hell for two decades with Peterson. At least now, they've been bad for two years consecutively and are in position to build this team with consecutive great drafts. I hate hearing a team as good as y'alls still has numerous holes to fill. The worst thing that could've happened for the Chiefs is if we had won 7 or so games and missed the playoffs and received a draft position in the teens. While we do have a few holes to fill, we are in a great position to be able to fill each and every one of them this off season. We've got 127million in cap room and a top 5 draft spot. As a team with holes, we couldn't ask for more.

I feel sorry for the Raiders. They're bad for all the wrong reasons. Just like the Dolphins and Chiefs were last year. But the AFC West is thankful Al Davis resides in our division. To be THAT bad with zero cap room is inexcusable. I really wish the best for the Dolphins this season because I'm afraid y'all might have slipped into that .500 no-man's land that is extremely difficult to climb out of.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. If there's one thing I hate most, it's mediocrity. The Chiefs were stuck in .500 hell for two decades with Peterson. At least now, they've been bad for two years consecutively and are in position to build this team with consecutive great drafts. I hate hearing a team as good as y'alls still has numerous holes to fill. The worst thing that could've happened for the Chiefs is if we had won 7 or so games and missed the playoffs and received a draft position in the teens. While we do have a few holes to fill, we are in a great position to be able to fill each and every one of them this off season. We've got 127million in cap room and a top 5 draft spot. As a team with holes, we couldn't ask for more.

I feel sorry for the Raiders. They're bad for all the wrong reasons. Just like the Dolphins and Chiefs were last year. But the AFC West is thankful Al Davis resides in our division. To be THAT bad with zero cap room is inexcusable. I really wish the best for the Dolphins this season because I'm afraid y'all might have slipped into that .500 no-man's land that is extremely difficult to climb out of.
    No seriously. We were 1-15 last year. We were the worst team in football. We had so many holes to fill, it was not ever going to happen in one year.
    I think most (realistic) fans hoped for us to finish 6-10 or 7-9 at best and then maybe be contenders after another 1 or 2 drafts. So to be where we're at now is just amazing, and regardless of next week or the one thereafter, we're just happy to be along for the ride right now.
    Playoffs? Sure, a lot of fans have started expecting that in the last few weeks, and it would be really nice to give our rookies a taste of them, but realistically, we're not ready for them.

From what you are saying, I think you guys could do pretty well next year if you find a good GM and get some good picks in the draft.

While I wish the Chiefs to win, I must say I like how your team has made it happen, I think we are both in a rebuild mode. You have jump started it better, I think we can beat you, maybe, I hope!!!

Did I see a Canada post in this thread?
    I hope so!

Hi and good luck this weekend although I think the chiefs are the ones that are going to need the luck.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

[quote=tornadospotter;108895]While I wish the Chiefs to win, I must say I like how your team has made it happen, I think we are both in a rebuild mode. You have jump started it better, I think we can beat you, maybe, I hope!!!
    quote]

Oh you can. And we're worried. Needless to say I do obviously hope for a win, if nothing else but so that we can at least have a chance of keeping our hated arch rivals, the jets, out of the playoffs in week 17. :)
    But, I do look forward to a good game, and I do think you guys have a good chance! May the best team win on Sunday! It should be an exciting game to watch! :)

[quote=skp;108915]
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    While I wish the Chiefs to win, I must say I like how your team has made it happen, I think we are both in a rebuild mode. You have jump started it better, I think we can beat you, maybe, I hope!!!
    quote]

Oh you can. And we're worried. Needless to say I do obviously hope for a win, if nothing else but so that we can at least have a chance of keeping our hated arch rivals, the jets, out of the playoffs in week 17. :)
    But, I do look forward to a good game, and I do think you guys have a good chance! May the best team win on Sunday! It should be an exciting game to watch! :)
    Well to a great game, with no injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by Conuficus View Post
    Hello All.
    Brother Conuficus here writes great articles on what each team needs to do for a win. He does a real good job of writing them from a fan being in the middle of the road. He does this weekly for our site, and does an awesome job.
    Last edited by Fin Fan In Cali; 12-16-2008 at 04:32 AM.

Im happy for you fins out there the way you turned things around from last year.

We're in the same boat too as far as being too long to win a superbowl.

That being said, the Chiefs have new life after our evil emperor has been defeated after his 20 year reign of suckness and will play with a different attitude. Id hate to be facing this chiefs team come sunday..........Sorry Fins, your playoffs hopes end Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Im happy for you fins out there the way you turned things around from last year.

We're in the same boat too as far as being too long to win a superbowl.

That being said, the Chiefs have new life after our evil emperor has been defeated after his 20 year reign of suckness and will play with a different attitude. Id hate to be facing this chiefs team come sunday..........Sorry Fins, your playoffs hopes end Sunday!
    Momma told me: "Never count your chickens before they hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan In Cali View Post
    Brother Conuficus here writes great articles on what each team needs to do for a win. He does a real good job of writing them from a fan being in the middle of the road. He does this weekly for our site, and does an awesome job.
    Thanks FFIC - I'll be posting it here soon. I will actually be at the game this week so that should be fun - provided I can feel my face.

Don't worry Chiefster I am just jerking you chain a little. Gotta have fun out there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast