Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ...Possible Candidates for new GM?

Default ...Possible Candidates for new GM?

...now that Carl has finally been let go!

...who all is being mentioned to replace him? I would like the chin, but espn was speaking of someone from the Jets which would be good for Herm sake. But I know nothing of him? Anyone hear anything about possible candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Sounds like I heard the same thing as you, except I heard Mort say they probably WONT hire within, and the guy Mort spoke of was from the Jets, and that Herms job may be safe with his history with the Jets....and the guys name was not familiar.
    What is it with the Jets and our franchise? The Jets are 1 step ahead of the Lions and Bengals over the last 20 years. I really hope we don't touch anyone from that franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What is it with the Jets and our franchise? The Jets are 1 step ahead of the Lions and Bengals over the last 20 years. I really hope we don't touch anyone from that franchise.
    Seconded.
    Seems like we've been fairly close with the Jets since we sent Paul Hackett over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Yup, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know they don't have the best track record for administrative personnel.

we do have far too many connections with the jets. As far as Herm goes, not sure. Clark made it sound pretty clear that he wanted some "new eyes" on not only the managing, but coaching.

While I'm happy to see Carl relieve himself from the General Manager duties, I'm kind of upset to see him leave the President and CEO portion. He did an incredible job over the last 20 years putting butts in the seats with the exception of this year. He's a great business executive and I wish they could've kept him on in some aspect.

I agree with this move by Clark. There are WAY too many decisions to be made this winter for a lame duck GM to make. The decisions that will be made this winter will determine what direction the Chiefs will head for maybe the next decade or longer. There's no way Carl should be making those decisions. I said that last night. I'm so happy to see this development.

If Clark has bought into the plan that was laid last winter, look for the Chiefs to stay on the same path. He'll hire a guy who at least agrees with the plan and will stick to it. If he doesn't like the plan, look for Edwards, Cunningham and everyone but perhaps Gailey to be gone December 29th and the Chiefs payroll to skyrocket as Clark goes Al Davis on us.

I have a feeling that we're gonna see a coach come back to Kansas City. Take that for what it's worth. I honestly don't see a scenario that keeps Herman Edwards with the Chiefs going into the 2009 season.

i dont think that Chin would come here.. he'll end up at Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    i dont think that Chin would come here.. he'll end up at Browns
    I have a REALLY hard time believing he'd retire from that job in Pittsburgh just to come back three years later to coach against his team in the same division. I just don't see that happening at all. I do think he'll come back and coach, I just don't think he's going to come back to that division.

I agree with almost everything here... but I do not think that Clark will go Al davis on us... He has brains... he waited till the right time to do this in the wake of his dads passing. A lot of us wished it sooner, but we cannot put ourselves in his shoes.

After reading Clark's statements about the situation and his comments about Herm, I feel a little more confident in his decision making. That's all I'm really going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    i would like marty as gm and bill as the coach, but i think bill wants both jobs and im okay with that... GET HERM OUT.
    I'd like to see this as a brand new era of chiefs football.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast