Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: will herm be next

Default will herm be next

listening to clarks statemants earlier i dont think herm will be back.if he does he will be lucky. maybe now that herm is on the hotseat he will take fault for some of the dumba## desicions made during the games and quit blaming it all on the players

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    listening to clarks statemants earlier i dont think herm will be back.if he does he will be lucky. maybe now that herm is on the hotseat he will take fault for some of the dumba## desicions made during the games and quit blaming it all on the players
    It's all up to the new GM.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Hopefully the new GM is someone who doesn't like Herm Edwards and asks that Herm is gone in order for him to take the job.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

The one thing Herm has always had on his side is the players. The players have always thought very highly of him. After CP's "resignation" TG had this to say according to ESPN:

"I would expect there to be other changes as well," the nine-time Pro Bowler told the AP. "When things go this badly, changes are usually made. I think most players would be supportive of Herm."
    -http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3771725

Just a little food for thought.

The Players loved Paul Wiggin and Frank Ganz too. That doesn't pull much weight with a GM, or translate into wins obviously.

I would submit that being well liked by your players is far less relevant than being well respected by them.
    Why would players like a coach? Maybe because he's easy on them? Maybe because he doesn't tell them things they don't want to hear?

Lombardi, Landry, Ditka. Safe to say they probably weren't the most well liked coaches in the league's history, but they were respected, and more importantly, they brought success to their franchises.
    Dick and Herm both tried to be friends with the players, not a leader/authority figure to them... and I'm pretty convinced that that's a philosophy that just doesn't work.

Great points and well said. When Lombardi was the Head Coach at Green Bay, he acted as GM (not uncommon back then). He actually negotiated contracts with players, told them when they were cut, etc. Not all of his guys liked him, but to a man, they respected him. Or they were gone fast. I'll never forget Marty Schottenheimer's one year in Washington. They started something like 0-5, but finished strong at 8-8. Some of the complacent Redskins hated the guy, but it was clear that he had the respect of most of them and that team was on the verge of greatness, with freakin' Tony Banks as their QB. The owner, Dan Snyder, had this fetish for Steve Spurrier, and made the worst decision of his tenure as owner by canning Marty. Spurrier did a miserable job in DC. We know that Marty went on to rebuild the Chargers on the fly, dismissed after going 14-2. The Lions ought to hire Schottenheimer to give him one more program to turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs 4 View Post
    Great points and well said. When Lombardi was the Head Coach at Green Bay, he acted as GM (not uncommon back then). He actually negotiated contracts with players, told them when they were cut, etc. Not all of his guys liked him, but to a man, they respected him. Or they were gone fast. I'll never forget Marty Schottenheimer's one year in Washington. They started something like 0-5, but finished strong at 8-8. Some of the complacent Redskins hated the guy, but it was clear that he had the respect of most of them and that team was on the verge of greatness, with freakin' Tony Banks as their QB. The owner, Dan Snyder, had this fetish for Steve Spurrier, and made the worst decision of his tenure as owner by canning Marty. Spurrier did a miserable job in DC. We know that Marty went on to rebuild the Chargers on the fly, dismissed after going 14-2. The Lions ought to hire Schottenheimer to give him one more program to turn around.
    Tom Coughlin's another good example. It was made perfectly clear that a number of the G-Men flat out disliked this man for his strictness as HC... until he brought them a Super Bowl. Now everything's just peachy.

Let us all hope that Herm is next.

Does anyone think there is a realistic shot of Marty becoming the GM? Would Marty want that job? I think he still wants to coach.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast