Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next season will be a lot better

Default Next season will be a lot better

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom out there right now about this franchise, but I can't wait till next year. I'm genuinely excited about this team next season. I think we'll grab a couple REALLY good free agents and another REALLY good draft class to go along with the kids we already have.... I'M FREAKING STOKED!!!!

You look at what this team did this year WITHOUT a QB for more than half the season and with an unfathomable rash of injuries coupled with an undeveloped offensive system and zero pass rush and this team was STILL capable of winning a conceivable 8 or 9 games THIS YEAR.

@ New England L 17-10 4 Chances from the 5 to tie

Denver W 33-19 Dominated Denver

@NY Jets L 24-28 On a fluke catch on a rookie signed off the street 3 days prior at the last second.

Tampa L 27-30 OT Should've won the game blown huge lead late.

@San Diego L 20-19 Came back to lose on a 2pt conversion on the last second.

@Oakland W 20-13 Dominated Oakland

@Denver L 24-17 Blew a late lead and came up 1 inch short of tying with 4min. left, then allowed a deep completion on 3rd down from the 1in. line to allow Denver to ice the game.

San Diego L 22-21 Allow 12 pts in the final 73 seconds after a fumbled onside kick and still had a chance to win but a missed 50yd field goal completed the 17 pt squander and sealed the loss.

@Cincinatti- Dec. 28 By all accounts, this should be a bad game between two 2-win teams. But, the Chiefs have been much more competitive than the Bengals so far this year and could be a win for the Chiefs.

Next year is going to be a MUCH better year. I can't wait. Think about how much better this team will be with a complete LB corp, a pass rushing DE and healthy CBs. Then, at least two more top draft picks.... next year can't get here soon enough. Plus, we'll probably get a favorable schedule considering we'll probably end up last in the division!!!
    Last edited by texaschief; 12-16-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Trade Herm for what? Toilet paper?
    I vote for Scott tissue, the roll lasts longer
    I meant that Herm was traded by the Jets to the Chiefs - the Jets didn't fire him.

If I were the Jets, I would be sending gametape of Leon Washington (the pick we exchange for Herm) to the Chiefs every week with a big red bow around it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    All those teams fired (or traded, in the case of Herm) their GMs/HCs too. All were also busy in FA and made smart draft picks.

Teams like the constantly rebuilding Lions, Raiders, and 49ers have proven that unless you hire a good GM/HC, you aren't going anywhere.

If we promote from within the organization, hire that Jets doofus, and keep Herm, don't expect a whole lot of change.
    If carl was picking his replacemen the same as Vermeil did then I would say that guy from the jets would probably be our guy. I think Clrak understands, now, that Herm isn't the guy, Carl was probably Herm's biggest supporter.

Makes me think that whomever it is they bring in, is going to bring in their own HC.

If Herm returns, prepare for more of the same. He is a loser...No past tense needed. He left Mangini with shat and he will leave the nex KC coach with shat unless he is booted right now for a true gritty disciplinarian.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    If carl was picking his replacemen the same as Vermeil did then I would say that guy from the jets would probably be our guy. I think Clrak understands, now, that Herm isn't the guy, Carl was probably Herm's biggest supporter.

Makes me think that whomever it is they bring in, is going to bring in their own HC.
    Im not sure that Carl and Herm were such pals. Carl supposedly hated the idea of the youth movement and Herm went over his head to Hunt to get approval and start the youth movement.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Im not sure that Carl and Herm were such pals. Carl supposedly hated the idea of the youth movement and Herm went over his head to Hunt to get approval and start the youth movement.
    Based on Clark's recent comments, I'd believe this more than the CP/Herm "buddy/buddy system."

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

Wasnt really commenting on the fact that Herm and Carl were buddies. Was trying to get the point that if Carl was leaving on his own terms he would help bring in a GM to his liking much like Vermeil did. Obviously the Jets guy would be to appease Herm. I was saying that since he was being forced out the likely hood of us getting a GM that may get rid of Herm greatly increases.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Yeah we are turning out to be Cubs fans! Alaways next year!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Do not compare the Chiefs to the Cubs. That is grounds for termination to this website.

, Sorry Chief31.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    That is so hilarious. Not.
    Why compare the chiefs to the bears? There is no comparison.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12