Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next season will be a lot better

Default Next season will be a lot better

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom out there right now about this franchise, but I can't wait till next year. I'm genuinely excited about this team next season. I think we'll grab a couple REALLY good free agents and another REALLY good draft class to go along with the kids we already have.... I'M FREAKING STOKED!!!!

You look at what this team did this year WITHOUT a QB for more than half the season and with an unfathomable rash of injuries coupled with an undeveloped offensive system and zero pass rush and this team was STILL capable of winning a conceivable 8 or 9 games THIS YEAR.

@ New England L 17-10 4 Chances from the 5 to tie

Denver W 33-19 Dominated Denver

@NY Jets L 24-28 On a fluke catch on a rookie signed off the street 3 days prior at the last second.

Tampa L 27-30 OT Should've won the game blown huge lead late.

@San Diego L 20-19 Came back to lose on a 2pt conversion on the last second.

@Oakland W 20-13 Dominated Oakland

@Denver L 24-17 Blew a late lead and came up 1 inch short of tying with 4min. left, then allowed a deep completion on 3rd down from the 1in. line to allow Denver to ice the game.

San Diego L 22-21 Allow 12 pts in the final 73 seconds after a fumbled onside kick and still had a chance to win but a missed 50yd field goal completed the 17 pt squander and sealed the loss.

@Cincinatti- Dec. 28 By all accounts, this should be a bad game between two 2-win teams. But, the Chiefs have been much more competitive than the Bengals so far this year and could be a win for the Chiefs.

Next year is going to be a MUCH better year. I can't wait. Think about how much better this team will be with a complete LB corp, a pass rushing DE and healthy CBs. Then, at least two more top draft picks.... next year can't get here soon enough. Plus, we'll probably get a favorable schedule considering we'll probably end up last in the division!!!
    Last edited by texaschief; 12-16-2008 at 12:59 AM.

I have yet to decide whether or not this season was the worse it can be. The chiefs kinda hit rock-bottom mid-season(Remember pre-Thiggie?).
    The positives out of it is that some of these young guys are showing their young talent and they can only get better unless they have career-ending injuries.

After the draft we should have some help for these lonely guys giving their 50%(we need some guys that can show these guys how to play after halftime).
    I predict that we will win 5-7 games next season which is better than 2.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I have yet to decide whether or not this season was the worse it can be. The chiefs kinda hit rock-bottom mid-season(Remember pre-Thiggie?).
    The positives out of it is that some of these young guys are showing their young talent and they can only get better unless they have career-ending injuries.

After the draft we should have some help for these lonely guys giving their 50%(we need some guys that can show these guys how to play after halftime).
    I predict that we will win 5-7 games next season which is better than 2.
    I know it sounds crazy, but next year we'll be contending for a playoff spot. Hell, we've only won 2 games and we've only been eliminated for two weeks. I wouldn't be shocked if we won the division next season.

With the way our division is going, I think it is very possible for us to win it. Here is what I see for this offseason shopping spree (whoever becomes the new GM has to like the potential in KC, not to mention the largest cap room of any team this season):

DE: Terrell Suggs- Has played well for Baltimore. He was actually drafted as a DE, so moving him there will not be that much of stretch for him. On top of that, he gives the defense a little versatility for zone blitzing with his ability to drop back into coverage. Oh, did I mention he'll only be 26 years old at the start of next season?

LB: Jonathan Vilma- More than likely, the Saints will not re-sign him because then they would have to give up a first round pick to the Jets for him, since they already offered their second round for Shockey. Vilma is a great linebacker for a 4-3 defense and does exceptionally well in coverage.

OL: Jordan Gross- While he is not likely to hit free agency, if he does, the Chiefs have to grab this guy.

Let me know who else you guys think are worth taking this offseason.

Karlos Dansby would be nice if he hit the FA market. (doubtful)

Ray Lewis COULD be nice. I don't know if the Ravens would let him go, but he'd instill a sense of pride and leadership to a young team that desperately needs it. I just don't see him coming to the Chiefs. He'll be 32 next year and isn't exactly the age the Chiefs are looking for, but his intangibles could be worth the money he'd command. This could at least lock up the MLB spot for a couple years to give the Chiefs a chance to fill other spots in the draft THIS season instead of having to spend a pick on a MLB. If they could grab Vilma and Lewis to go along with DJ, we'd be sitting pretty for a couple seasons at least as far as LBs go.

Asomugha could be a great pick up, but I don't know that the Chiefs HAVE to spend that kind of money when they already have Flowers, Carr and Leggett.

Julius Peppers might be a good addition if we can't get Suggs.

Jonathan Babineaux might be nice.

Mike Peterson might work at MLB.

Bart Scott might work in the middle too.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Next season will be a lot better
    Sure hope you're right; it couldn't be much worse.

I wouldn't be shocked if we contend next season, to be honest. The Falcons, Dolphins, Jets, and Ravens have all proven that you can turn things around REAL quick with the right management. We'll see what happens.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if we contend next season, to be honest. The Falcons, Dolphins, Jets, and Ravens have all proven that you can turn things around REAL quick with the right management. We'll see what happens.
    All those teams fired (or traded, in the case of Herm) their GMs/HCs too. All were also busy in FA and made smart draft picks.

Teams like the constantly rebuilding Lions, Raiders, and 49ers have proven that unless you hire a good GM/HC, you aren't going anywhere.

If we promote from within the organization, hire that Jets doofus, and keep Herm, don't expect a whole lot of change.

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom out there right now about this franchise, but I can't wait till next year. I'm genuinely excited about this team next season. I think we'll grab a couple REALLY good free agents and another REALLY good draft class to go along with the kids we already have.... I'M FREAKING STOKED!!!!

You look at what this team did this year WITHOUT a QB for more than half the season and with an unfathomable rash of injuries coupled with an undeveloped offensive system and zero pass rush and this team was STILL capable of winning a conceivable 8 or 9 games THIS YEAR.

@ New England L 17-10 4 Chances from the 5 to tie

Denver W 33-19 Dominated Denver

@NY Jets L 24-28 On a fluke catch on a rookie signed off the street 3 days prior at the last second.

Tampa L 27-30 OT Should've won the game blown huge lead late.

@San Diego L 20-19 Came back to lose on a 2pt conversion on the last second.

@Oakland W 20-13 Dominated Oakland

@Denver L 24-17 Blew a late lead and came up 1 inch short of tying with 4min. left, then allowed a deep completion on 3rd down from the 1in. line to allow Denver to ice the game.

San Diego L 22-21 Allow 12 pts in the final 73 seconds after a fumbled onside kick and still had a chance to win but a missed 50yd field goal completed the 17 pt squander and sealed the loss.

@Cincinatti- Dec. 28 By all accounts, this should be a bad game between two 2-win teams. But, the Chiefs have been much more competitive than the Bengals so far this year and could be a win for the Chiefs.

Next year is going to be a MUCH better year. I can't wait. Think about how much better this team will be with a complete LB corp, a pass rushing DE and healthy CBs. Then, at least two more top draft picks.... next year can't get here soon enough. Plus, we'll probably get a favorable schedule considering we'll probably end up last in the division!!!
    Think how much better we'll be when we have a coach that can hold a lead and knows the meaning of clock management.

I know it sounds crazy, but next year we'll be contending for a playoff spot. Hell, we've only won 2 games and we've only been eliminated for two weeks. I wouldn't be shocked if we won the division next season.
    That can happen! Ever since Thiggie took over QB it seems that the kids have been trying harder to show their talent. They just need to play the whole game because these half games are ridiculous! Forget the coaches and Herm, all the players need to succeed is to play to win, not to just finish the game. They need the right mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Getting a new head coach would be nice. The kids are just trying to live up/down to his expectations. A more positive head coach would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    All those teams fired (or traded, in the case of Herm) their GMs/HCs too. All were also busy in FA and made smart draft picks.

Teams like the constantly rebuilding Lions, Raiders, and 49ers have proven that unless you hire a good GM/HC, you aren't going anywhere.

If we promote from within the organization, hire that Jets doofus, and keep Herm, don't expect a whole lot of change.
    Trade Herm for what? Toilet paper?
    I vote for Scott tissue, the roll lasts longer
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast