Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Pioli....I'll take him!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Pioli....I'll take him!


    0 Not allowed!
    ...NE has proven in the past decade that they know how to build a championship squad. And this is one of the main men who came up with the winning equation!

    http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/938759.html

    I will take him!

    I feel like I am xmas shopping now!...with Clark's money...and my opinion has about as much weight as the dog sh!t in the back of my yard! Oh well! What a great morning!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    180
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    this isn't going to happen. Why would Pioli leave NE for KC... but on the off chance he does, great I guess. He's an alma mater at my college.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,150
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We have already played this game when we got Vermiell but he didn't take us to the SB like he did with St. Louis and whoever else he did it for. What we got to show for it was a bunch of players whose heads grew big(Jared Allen, LJ, Dante Hall and whoever else forgot how to play team ball. We got rid of Dante Hall, good riddance! After he did the late shows he just didn't do very well. Of course, Jared Allen could have been taught team basics again and he would of been ok. LJ - obviously when he can't get what he wants he doesn't play his best.
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 12-16-2008 at 01:15 PM.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    this isn't going to happen. Why would Pioli leave NE for KC... but on the off chance he does, great I guess. He's an alma mater at my college.

    I would think it is going to be hard to lure anyone to KC. Small market, out of the media spotligh so to speak, going to take a very lucrative deal, IMO. To get some of the that New England team first mentality and knowledge would be awesome though. Nothing like having someone rebuild a team that has done it before, especially when they have helped build a dynasty.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I would think it is going to be hard to lure anyone to KC. Small market, out of the media spotligh so to speak, going to take a very lucrative deal, IMO. To get some of the that New England team first mentality and knowledge would be awesome though. Nothing like having someone rebuild a team that has done it before, especially when they have helped build a dynasty.
    I disagree, Pioli interviewed for the Atlanta position last year. As for small market, the Chiefs are head and shoulders above the falcons when it comes to a storied franchise. Pioli rejected the job not because of money....so no it wont take a lucrative deal to get him here....he just wanted more control than the falcons were offering him. Carl's job is a whole lot more attractive in that he would have all that control over the organization compared to what he would have had at Atlanta.

    So I think Pioli is a very real possibility. A lot of responsibility comes with Carls position and that is what Pioli wants.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 130

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    I disagree, Pioli interviewed for the Atlanta position last year. As for small market, the Chiefs are head and shoulders above the falcons when it comes to a storied franchise. Pioli rejected the job not because of money....so no it wont take a lucrative deal to get him here....he just wanted more control than the falcons were offering him. Carl's job is a whole lot more attractive in that he would have all that control over the organization compared to what he would have had at Atlanta.

    So I think Pioli is a very real possibility. A lot of responsibility comes with Carls position and that is what Pioli wants.
    Clark Hunt has said that he is going to choose two people to replace Carl, one for the GM duties and one for the business duties.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,447
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    this isn't going to happen. Why would Pioli leave NE for KC... but on the off chance he does, great I guess. He's an alma mater at my college.
    he is looking for a challenge and actually his name is flying all over about the job
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    We have already played this game when we got Vermiell but he didn't take us to the SB like he did with St. Louis and whoever else he did it for. What we got to show for it was a bunch of players whose heads grew big(Jared Allen, LJ, Dante Hall and whoever else forgot how to play team ball. We got rid of Dante Hall, good riddance! After he did the late shows he just didn't do very well. Of course, Jared Allen could have been taught team basics again and he would of been ok. LJ - obviously when he can't get what he wants he doesn't play his best.
    there is no comparison these two guys one of them builds teams the other coaches
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I would think it is going to be hard to lure anyone to KC. Small market, out of the media spotligh so to speak, going to take a very lucrative deal, IMO. To get some of the that New England team first mentality and knowledge would be awesome though. Nothing like having someone rebuild a team that has done it before, especially when they have helped build a dynasty.
    new england was never a big market untill their currant status

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    new england was never a big market untill their currant status
    The Pats weren't a very good team, but New England/Boston is a huge market. KC is much smaller in population and revenue.

    If KC were a championship team, we would be a San Antonio Spurs sort of champion, not a Boston Celtics/LA Lakers sort fo champion.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post

    new england was never a big market untill their currant status

    Uhhh... kansas city has the chiefs and the royals. Boston has the celics, the patriots, the red sox, the bruins, not to menion a host of divisoin 1 schools.

    This was what I was referring to, boston has the nba champions had the suberbowl and world series champions. A little bit more prestige in Boston than KC. I love KC, but as a paid professional it would take one hell of a deal to lure me away from a city with the stature Boston has.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,447
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Uhhh... kansas city has the chiefs and the royals. Boston has the celics, the patriots, the red sox, the bruins, not to menion a host of divisoin 1 schools.

    This was what I was referring to, boston has the nba champions had the suberbowl and world series champions. A little bit more prestige in Boston than KC. I love KC, but as a paid professional it would take one hell of a deal to lure me away from a city with the stature Boston has.
    that is wear the confusion was. i was talking about football in general.the patriots were a nobody untill this last run. they were the bengals of their time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •