...Don't know anything about him.
chiefs need to draft this mizzou alum for tony g's replacement. anyone else agree?
- 2008 Pre-Season 1st-Team All-American (Playboy)
- 2007 John Mackey Award Semifinalist
- 2007 All-Big 12 Second Team (Associated Press, Austin American Statesman)
- 2007 All-Big 12 Honorable Mention (Coaches)
- 2007 John Mackey National Tight End of the Week (Oct. 15)
- 2007 Team Tight End of the Year
- 2006 John Mackey Award Semifinalist
- 2006 1st-Team All-Big 12 (AP, Kansas City Star, Houston Chronicle)
- 2006 2nd-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches)
- 2006 John Mackey National Tight End of the Week (Oct. 26)
- 2006 2nd-Team Academic All-Big 12
- 2006 Team Receiver of the Year
- 2006 Team Hammer Award (Most Big Hits)
- 2005 1st-Team Freshman All-American (College Football News)
- 2005 1st-Team Freshman All-American (Rivals)
- 2005 Team Freshman of the Year
I would think that the Chiefs would be more inclined to draft a TE who ha smuch more experience blocking. Coffman isn't asked to do that too much at Missouri and it would be a big step down from Gonzalez to Coffman in that regard.
Ryan Purvis or Bear Pascoe may be better options for the team over the long haul in terms of blocking. Shawn Nelson is a little weak at blocking too, but he can run some nice routes and is a solid target in the pasing game.
Wasn't this Michael Alan kid heralded as the next Tony G? Didn't he get released in the preseason? What happened there?
there wont be a next tony g the guy is hands down the best to ever play. never misses games catches almost every thing thrown to him hardly complained through his whole career. hopefully cottam can learn from him and maybe give us half the production tony did. cottam is a good blocking tight end
If Coffman is there in ther third we should take him, but I doubt he will be, and we can't take him with our first two.
whats wrong with Cottam? hes shown signs of good hands and blocking