Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: President Vermeil?

Default President Vermeil?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ident-vermeil/

There’s a strong rumor making the rounds in league circles that former Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil could return as team president following the departure of long-time G.M., president, and COEO Carl Peterson.

What makes everyone believe Vermeil would be a good President? What has he done that stands out as a guy that makes you think, "oh yeah, he'd be great at running a franchise's business dealings?

My vote would be for Carl Peterson. What he did to put KC on the map in the 90's was incredible. I thought he was a great Executive and President. He just blew as a GM. But, I'd be completely against bringing Vermeil in to do ANYTHING for this franchise ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    What makes everyone believe Vermeil would be a good President? What has he done that stands out as a guy that makes you think, "oh yeah, he'd be great at running a franchise's business dealings?

My vote would be for Carl Peterson. What he did to put KC on the map in the 90's was incredible. I thought he was a great Executive and President. He just blew as a GM. But, I'd be completely against bringing Vermeil in to do ANYTHING for this franchise ever again.

So you are willing to give Herm the benefit of the doubt because of his 2 playoff wins and a couple of winning seasons, but you can't fathom the idea of a guy who has won a superbowl and gave us a 13-3 season a shot doing anything for the Chiefs. I don't get your rationale at all, makes no sense whatsoever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123