Thread: Peterson's resignation puts status of Chiefs coach Edwards up in the air

Default Peterson's resignation puts status of Chiefs coach Edwards up in the air

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...spin121608.htm

Hunt's top target reportedly is Patriots VP of player personnel Scott Pioli, who helped shape New England into a revered franchise. Other possible candidates include Ravens director of college scouting Eric DeCosta, Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie, Colts VP of football operations Chris Polian, Seahawks VP of player personnel Ruston Webster, Eagles GM Tom Heckert, former Titans GM Floyd Reese and former Texans GM Charley Casserly.
    Regardless of who winds up as the Chiefs' new GM, the resignation of Peterson does not bode well for the future of head coach Herm Edwards. Edwards and Peterson are close friends, and it was believed that Edwards' job was safe as long as Peterson was in charge.

Interesting read. I too think it's highly likely that a new GM will immediately want to put his stamp on the franchise. It'd be an excellent chance to prove to the fan base that he is committed to change and success.

Worst case scenario, he gives Herm one year, then ousts him unless the team improves significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Interesting read. I too think it's highly likely that a new GM will immediately want to put his stamp on the franchise. It'd be an excellent chance to prove to the fan base that he is committed to change and success.

Worst case scenario, he gives Herm one year, then ousts him unless the team improves significantly.
    I listened to an interview yesterday involving Clark Hunt, and it seems like he wants no less than a winning season next year. Though, he said the same thing about this season in a similar interview last year, which probably led to CP being shown the door.

I'm not convinced that Herm is gone, and I'm pretty sure that, unless the new GM just absolutely can't stand Herm, he's probably staying.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I listened to an interview yesterday involving Clark Hunt, and it seems like he wants no less than a winning season next year. Though, he said the same thing about this season in a similar interview last year, which probably led to CP being shown the door.

I'm not convinced that Herm is gone, and I'm pretty sure that, unless the new GM just absolutely can't stand Herm, he's probably staying.
    That interview with Clark Hunt that may push good GM candidates away is that he said he would have final say on Herm whether he stays or goes. A new GM is going to want his man as a coach.

When something rots in the fridge, everything else stinks. Clean out all the rotten food, scrub and disinfect, and go grocery shopping for fresh food.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan In Cali View Post
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...spin121608.htm

Hunt's top target reportedly is Patriots VP of player personnel Scott Pioli, who helped shape New England into a revered franchise. Other possible candidates include Ravens director of college scouting Eric DeCosta, Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie, Colts VP of football operations Chris Polian, Seahawks VP of player personnel Ruston Webster, Eagles GM Tom Heckert, former Titans GM Floyd Reese and former Texans GM Charley Casserly.
    Regardless of who winds up as the Chiefs' new GM, the resignation of Peterson does not bode well for the future of head coach Herm Edwards. Edwards and Peterson are close friends, and it was believed that Edwards' job was safe as long as Peterson was in charge.
    I want Pioli!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by section311 View Post
    When something rots in the fridge, everything else stinks. Clean out all the rotten food, scrub and disinfect, and go grocery shopping for fresh food.
    This says it perfectly.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by section311 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I want Pioli!!!

This says it perfectly.
    I am not sure that every thing stinks! I am just saying, one gm is gone, but he was a sharp gm, his time is done and has been for some time. The danger I see is more disruption of the young team we have, and sad to say, maybe we need hermie for one more year. But I am willing to let the new GM decided that!

Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan In Cali View Post
    That interview with Clark Hunt that may push good GM candidates away is that he said he would have final say on Herm whether he stays or goes. A new GM is going to want his man as a coach.
    See, that's the thing though. From the comments Clark Hunt made, I think he does want Herm fired. That is why he said he gets the finally say about the head coach position. It all depends on who he brings in as GM. Whoever he chooses will show if he actually wants Herm to stay.