Thread: Rebuilding the Chiefs: A "How to" Guide

Threaded View

Default Rebuilding the Chiefs: A "How to" Guide

Interesting thoughts on our strife by a Colts fan who's seen a very similar situation.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/1...he-chiefs-a-ho

Here's a little snippet:
    ESTABLISHING CULTURE AND PICKING A COACH
    Now I'll take my Clark Hunt mask off and let's just sat Marc Ross is smart and takes the job.After a nice press conference, where Marc and Clark are seen as the new face of the KC Chiefs, ushering in a new dawn, now comes the time to establish a new culture in KC.
    First and foremost, Herm Edwards and his staff are fired.
    No offense to Herm lovers out there, but he is a world class, Grade A faker who does not know how to manage a football game, and knows even less about how a real NFL offense is supposed to run. I remember hearing about a sports columnist in NY (Steve Cohen) interviewing Edwards on why he wasn't using then-rookie Santana Moss more in his offense. Moss was a first round pick, and the Jets were desperate for big plays from the WR corps. Herm responded by saying Moss wasn't picked to play WR. He can help return punts and kicks. Cohen was understandably flabbergasted by this statement, because only morons draft WRs in the first round if all they are going to do is return punts and kicks. Cohen went on to say that Herm Edwards simply had no understanding of how modern NFL offenses run, which I guess explained why the Jets ran a West Coast-style offense in a stadium known for extreme windy conditions.
    So, gone are Herm, Gunther Cunningham, Chan Gailey, and anyone else brought in by Carl Peterson. Clean slate.
    Nice. Except keep Chan. Dude made a productive offense out of essentially lumps of clay.
    Last edited by PawnshopMarimba; 12-17-2008 at 05:26 PM.