View Poll Results: Will the Chiefs fire Herm before next season (2009)?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he'll be fired and he deserves it.

16 42.11%
  • No, he'll not be fired but he should be.

15 39.47%
  • Yes, he'll be fired but does not deserve it.

2 5.26%
  • No, he'll not be fired and deserves to keep his job.

5 13.16%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will KC fire Herm? (poll)

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default Will KC fire Herm? (poll)

Now that Carl is gone do you think he gets the boot?

Texas, I know you're one of the biggest Herm supporters on this forum, and I understand why. You respect the fact that Herm is taking a bullet and trying to rebuild this team.

However, one thing I'd like to know. One of your key points, last season, for why Herm should stay is because of what he was brought in here to improve, which is the defense. After some improvement, it has gone down to the worst in the league, easily. So, why should he be the coach now? Because you don't wanna see another coach credited with his work?

I've already said it, I think Herm is good in 2/3 areas that make a good coach, but the third area kills him, which is ingame management. I could question his ability to find talent after this horrible drop in defense, but I could blame that on the youngsters. Anyways, I would gladly bring in another coach that actually knows how to coach in a game, even if it means using "Herm's players".
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Texas, I know you're one of the biggest Herm supporters on this forum, and I understand why. You respect the fact that Herm is taking a bullet and trying to rebuild this team.

However, one thing I'd like to know. One of your key points, last season, for why Herm should stay is because of what he was brought in here to improve, which is the defense. After some improvement, it has gone down to the worst in the league, easily. So, why should he be the coach now? Because you don't wanna see another coach credited with his work?

I've already said it, I think Herm is good in 2/3 areas that make a good coach, but the third area kills him, which is ingame management. I could question his ability to find talent after this horrible drop in defense, but I could blame that on the youngsters. Anyways, I would gladly bring in another coach that actually knows how to coach in a game, even if it means using "Herm's players".
    Well, we all know how much pressure it puts on the secondary (especially one that is made entirely out of first and 3rd year players) when you can't get pressure on the QB. You can't expect too much improvement on the defensive side of the ball when you trade away your best pass rusher for what turned out to be essentially 3 offensive players.

He's building the team the way everyone on this board agrees with... inside out. He has 3 EXTREMELY young players on the defensive line. He drafted an OT in the first round instead of a pass rushing DE. That's probably his biggest problem on defense. He has 2 or 3 very solid CB prospects, one good LB and 2 potentially great DTs and one decent DE. With all that inexperience and then the injuries, it's not hard to see why the defense was so bad.

I see the only reason why the Chiefs are not winning more games is because of Herm and his ingame coaching ability. I'm surprised at what happens. When the Chiefs have the lead, he doesn't know what to do. In the second half of the Chargers game, we abandoned the spread to try to run out the clock. Smart? Maybe. But once it doesn't work the first two times, why keep doing it. And I agree that it is surprising people call Herm a defensive minded coach. The Chiefs rank last and you can't blame all that on inexperience.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I see the only reason why the Chiefs are not winning more games is because of Herm and his ingame coaching ability. I'm surprised at what happens. When the Chiefs have the lead, he doesn't know what to do. In the second half of the Chargers game, we abandoned the spread to try to run out the clock. Smart? Maybe. But once it doesn't work the first two times, why keep doing it. And I agree that it is surprising people call Herm a defensive minded coach. The Chiefs rank last and you can't blame all that on inexperience.
    Injuries? Trading Allen? One linebacker?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Injuries are going to happen. Look at Tom Brady. But this is the team Herm wanted. Are you saying that Herm did not agree to the Jared Allen trade or the players drafted and the FA acquasitions?

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Injuries are going to happen. Look at Tom Brady. But this is the team Herm wanted. Are you saying that Herm did not agree to the Jared Allen trade or the players drafted and the FA acquasitions?
    Actually, I don't think he agreed at all about the Jared Allen trade. It's one of those things that's kept in-house. Also, we really didn't run it all that much in the 2nd half, we didn't even have the ball very much.

i think that herm WONT get fired. But if the chiefs dont do good next season he will be

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Mr. talent evaluator can most definitely take some blame for piss-poor personnel decisions.

If Herm had realized how important a pass-rushing DE is to his defense, then he would have made some noise in an effort to make sure he didn't lose such a talented one.

Do you think that he had no say in what players that are on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Mr. talent evaluator can most definitely take some blame for piss-poor personnel decisions.

If Herm had realized how important a pass-rushing DE is to his defense, then he would have made some noise in an effort to make sure he didn't lose such a talented one.

Do you think that he had no say in what players that are on the field?
    I really don't. CP seemed completely convinced that Jared Allen was a player at risk, and wasn't gonna risk any little bit of his money on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I really don't. CP seemed completely convinced that Jared Allen was a player at risk, and wasn't gonna risk any little bit of his money on him.
    If he doesn't have say in the matter that gives me more reason to want to fire Herm because that means he is a pushover.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast