View Poll Results: Will the Chiefs fire Herm before next season (2009)?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he'll be fired and he deserves it.

16 42.11%
  • No, he'll not be fired but he should be.

15 39.47%
  • Yes, he'll be fired but does not deserve it.

2 5.26%
  • No, he'll not be fired and deserves to keep his job.

5 13.16%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will KC fire Herm? (poll)

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default Will KC fire Herm? (poll)

Now that Carl is gone do you think he gets the boot?

I vote yes because it's what I sincerely hope that's what happens.

I also think that they should axe him! Then it will be a new start in arrowhead! Change is good!

I voted no but he should be. The more I hear, the more I think Herm is gonna stay for at least another season.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I have to disagree. I think Clark Hunt does want to fire Herm, but he does not want it to show just yet. That's why he said that whoever becomes the next GM will have an influence on the decision, but ultimately, it's his choice on if Herm stays. Which makes me think that Herm will be gone. Hunt said he wants to bring in fresh eyes on the franchise. Does that sound like a guy who is satisfied with the team?

I think he is going to stay for 1 more season, unless there is a drastic, and i mean really drastic turnaround, then he gets the boot.

Unless ofc. Clark lands a high profile coach like Cowher..

Cowher, Cohwer, Cohwer(chanting).

Anyone, Anyone, Anyone (but Herm).
    As long as we don't hire Mr.Temper Tantrum, Dennis Green as the nest coach. The Chiefs should hire me as the coach. I can lose just as good as this coach (which is what they seem to want in the front office).
    :character00197: This has nothing to do with the topic I just like the snowman.

Whoever the coach is next season, will be credited with a "drastic" turnaround as long as they don't change the systems too much. (That includes Herm) Although, I'm sure he won't get any credit on this board and it'll all go toward the new GM. If Herm doesn't get fired when the new GM steps in, my bet is that he'll be here for a good 3 or 4 years longer. This team will keep getting better every year and it'll be hard to justify firing a coach who's team keeps improving.

While I wouldn't agree with the firing of Edwards, I can certainly understand why people are upset and want him gone now. His win production has steadily declined from one year to the next. The ONLY way that I could see someone wanting Edwards gone, is if they think the Chiefs will do worse in 2009 than they did in 2008. I can't see that happening.

When you take into account the age and awful play of the 2007 team which was practically a bunch of hold overs from the previous coaching era and awful free agent signees, to the complete tear down and rebuild through youth and the massive amount of injuries that this team took this year, I just can't see them being worse next year. Most people refuse to acknowledge difference between the 2007 and 2008 teams. The 2007 team was bad because of old age, lack of talent and injuries. This team lost because of injuries and zero experience. The Chiefs are BY FAR the youngest team in the league and haven't had a steady QB. Once they got a consistent QB, they became super competitive and could just as easily have 7 or 8 wins this year as opposed to only 2.

Like i said, the only way I see Edwards losing his job is if Mr. Hunt believes this team will be worse next year than they were this year. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Whoever the coach is next season, will be credited with a "drastic" turnaround as long as they don't change the systems too much. (That includes Herm) Although, I'm sure he won't get any credit on this board and it'll all go toward the new GM. If Herm doesn't get fired when the new GM steps in, my bet is that he'll be here for a good 3 or 4 years longer. This team will keep getting better every year and it'll be hard to justify firing a coach who's team keeps improving.

While I wouldn't agree with the firing of Edwards, I can certainly understand why people are upset and want him gone now. His win production has steadily declined from one year to the next. The ONLY way that I could see someone wanting Edwards gone, is if they think the Chiefs will do worse in 2009 than they did in 2008. I can't see that happening.

When you take into account the age and awful play of the 2007 team which was practically a bunch of hold overs from the previous coaching era and awful free agent signees, to the complete tear down and rebuild through youth and the massive amount of injuries that this team took this year, I just can't see them being worse next year. Most people refuse to acknowledge difference between the 2007 and 2008 teams. The 2007 team was bad because of old age, lack of talent and injuries. This team lost because of injuries and zero experience. The Chiefs are BY FAR the youngest team in the league and haven't had a steady QB. Once they got a consistent QB, they became super competitive and could just as easily have 7 or 8 wins this year as opposed to only 2.

Like i said, the only way I see Edwards losing his job is if Mr. Hunt believes this team will be worse next year than they were this year. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just don't see that happening.
    Of course the team will be better. When you hit bottom there is no where to go but up. The question is not can the team improve but can it be good. I'm against Edwards because, professional speaking, since I don't about him personally, he's stupid. The plan was asinine. Young players don't become a good team. With his philosophy you would fire every good player because he's to old to make way for the future of the team. Well, what about now? If you focus to much on the future you'll never succeed. You need veterans to win the superbowl and when they get old and retire then the young guys come in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast