Thread: Just in time?

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default Just in time?

It seems to me that Carl Peterson helped this team tremendously by quitting. Nobody knew what to think of Clark Hunt when he took over. We all wanted Carl and Herm out and he was becoming seen as the Peterson\Edwards sympathizer. If Peterson would have stayed one more year I think it would have labeled Clark as a moron for the rest of his life for keeping him and the fans would all be against him. If that happened we would wind up like the Lions, losing season after losing season after losing season. I think he can reverse the whole thing now. I think if Edwards stays he could still get branded as a problem. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    It seems to me that Carl Peterson helped this team tremendously by quitting. Nobody knew what to think of Clark Hunt when he took over. We all wanted Carl and Herm out and he was becoming seen as the PetersonEdwards sympathizer. If Peterson would have stayed one more year I think it would have labeled Clark as a moron for the rest of his life for keeping him and the fans would all be against him. If that happened we would wind up like the Lions, losing season after losing season after losing season. I think he can reverse the whole thing now. I think if Edwards stays he could still get branded as a problem. What do you think?
    I think that that is a very good point.

Personally, I am thrilled to see Clark showing some concern about the teams situation.

It goes far beyond the steady decrease in the teams wins over the past three seasons. The offense became so horrible that they opted to employ an experimental college-style offense, just to keep a QB healthy enough to play.

While the defense has become nearly as aweful, after three seasons under a defensive-minded Head Coach.

Meanwhile, our Special Teams has managed to go from very good to embarrassing.

There is no shining example of how anything is improving.

So, it's time to make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    It seems to me that Carl Peterson helped this team tremendously by quitting. Nobody knew what to think of Clark Hunt when he took over. We all wanted Carl and Herm out and he was becoming seen as the PetersonEdwards sympathizer. If Peterson would have stayed one more year I think it would have labeled Clark as a moron for the rest of his life for keeping him and the fans would all be against him. If that happened we would wind up like the Lions, losing season after losing season after losing season. I think he can reverse the whole thing now. I think if Edwards stays he could still get branded as a problem. What do you think?
    I see people giving Herm a scapegoat no matter what. Soemone will say that he wasn't given enough time for his plan to work, his players are inexperienced, or whatever. Either way, Herm is not the answer to this team.