Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Made No Noise In Supplemental Draft

Sweets Guest

Default Chiefs Made No Noise In Supplemental Draft

Source: RealFootball365

The NFL held its yearly supplemental draft last Thursday, giving underclassmen that are ineligible for the upcoming college season an opportunity to enter the league. Although the 2007 class was considered better than most, by the end of the day only two teams -- the San Diego Chargers and the Baltimore Ravens -- opted to get early use from a 2008 draft pick by choosing among the dozen or so prospects who were available. Putting it another way, 30 franchises in the NFL -- the Kansas City Chiefs among them -- walked away from the supplemental draft without adding anyone to their roster. But to hear the reactions of some distressed Chiefs fans, general manager Carl Peterson not making a selection during the process was akin to Nero playing his fiddle while Rome burned around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Source: RealFootball365

The NFL held its yearly supplemental draft last Thursday, giving underclassmen that are ineligible for the upcoming college season an opportunity to enter the league. Although the 2007 class was considered better than most, by the end of the day only two teams -- the San Diego Chargers and the Baltimore Ravens -- opted to get early use from a 2008 draft pick by choosing among the dozen or so prospects who were available. Putting it another way, 30 franchises in the NFL -- the Kansas City Chiefs among them -- walked away from the supplemental draft without adding anyone to their roster. But to hear the reactions of some distressed Chiefs fans, general manager Carl Peterson not making a selection during the process was akin to Nero playing his fiddle while Rome burned around him.
    Ahhh, hence the term "King Carl"; this does not surprise me.

What's new??? Same'ol Same 'ol!!!!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

if 30 walked away without anyone then it shoud say something for the players in the draft. maybe they werent that good. at least a 2nd rnder.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Sweets Guest

What you say maybe true Wolf, but was your draft a good one this season? I don't follow the Chiefs so I'm not familiar with it, but it seems to me that all the talk is that your boy Carl isn't doing that great of a job in picking need players. <just saying>

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    What you say maybe true Wolf, but was your draft a good one this season? I don't follow the Chiefs so I'm not familiar with it, but it seems to me that all the talk is that your boy Carl isn't doing that great of a job in picking need players. <just saying>

Aw!, why is everybody picking on me

Lay Off OK!! :worm: "Duh, Ta-Kee-La"
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Aw!, why is everybody picking on me

Lay Off OK!! :worm: "Duh, Ta-Kee-La"

...Never thought of King Carl being a closet Donk fan.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...Never thought of King Carl being a closet Donk fan.

:character00109: Hee, Hee, there is a lot about me you don't know! (grin)

:worm: "Duh Ta-Kee-La"
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

I think OT Gaither was the bigger oversight, here. He went to the Ravens, for the price of a fifth round selection. While the same bid, by the Chiefs would have won his rights. With the number of "experiments" we have at OT, I'm not sure that we needed another, right now.

CB Oliver went to SanDiego, for a fourth round pick. Since Sn Diego was slotted ahead of us, in this seasons draft, we would have had to bid a third round pick, to have won his rights.

I think the reason the other 30 teams passed on Oliver and Gaither, is because next years draft has alot of good CBs and O-linemen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast