Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D*mnit, Thigpen

Default D*mnit, Thigpen

He and the Defense lost us this game. Inadvertly the D did come up with that Ricky Williams fumble.. Then thigpen throws another int.. So I'm off the bandwagon for him the kid is not bright 3 INTS inexcusable

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I'm not sure what you expect from a second year QB and first year starter who's only started 10 games. I thought he did okay. He threw 2 TD's, rushed for a TD and had 320 yards passing. Considering what he has to work with and play for(Herm), he's doing well.

Now the defense on the other hand sucked big time. They gave up 403 yards. 170 on the ground and 230 through the air. How Gunther keeps his job next season is beyond me, as I think he will be let go and rightfully so.
    THIS
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I'm not sure what you expect from a second year QB and first year starter who's only started 10 games. I thought he did okay. He threw 2 TD's, rushed for a TD and had 320 yards passing. Considering what he has to work with and play for(Herm), he's doing well.

Now the defense on the other hand sucked big time. They gave up 403 yards. 170 on the ground and 230 through the air. How Gunther keeps his job next season is beyond me, as I think he will be let go and rightfully so.
    This was the worst game I have seen Thigpen play. But it really isn't all that surprising given the conditions. I also agree that Gunther is on the hot seat. I think Gunther has more to worry about with a new GM than Herm does. In fact, I'd be willing to bet money that Gunther will not be the DC next year.

It was definetely the worse 2nd half he's played. But it WAS a cold somebich out there...
    SHUT IT

I got to put this one on coaching. Like someone already pointed out, who calls for a pass play on fourth and inches? Isn't that the reason we have Larry Johnson. But the Chiefs came into the game knowing it was going to be one of the coldest games ever played in Arrowhead. So why was the game plan to pass the ball down field. Larry Johnson had 12 carries for 108 yards and one touchdown. You think they would have came into the game thinking run, run, and run some more. I know the Dolphins defense is good, but you have to take in account the weather when making a game plan.

Then why Herm chose not to practice outside at least once this week, I am not sure. Maybe if they did, they would have realized that throwing the ball would not be easy in this game. Well, you can only hope they learn, but you never know when it comes to the Chiefs' coaches. He said something about the weather,
    EDWARDS: “It’s not like we’re used to it. People are not used to playing in those kinds of conditions. We don’t practice in it a lot because you don’t get anything out of practice with guys all bundled up and can’t move. It’s a mental deal, it’s a mental challenge.”

Yes, the weather has nothing to do with the physical deal. The Chiefs must have lost that mental challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I got to put this one on coaching. Like someone already pointed out, who calls for a pass play on fourth and inches? Isn't that the reason we have Larry Johnson. But the Chiefs came into the game knowing it was going to be one of the coldest games ever played in Arrowhead. So why was the game plan to pass the ball down field. Larry Johnson had 12 carries for 108 yards and one touchdown. You think they would have came into the game thinking run, run, and run some more. I know the Dolphins defense is good, but you have to take in account the weather when making a game plan.

Then why Herm chose not to practice outside at least once this week, I am not sure. Maybe if they did, they would have realized that throwing the ball would not be easy in this game. Well, you can only hope they learn, but you never know when it comes to the Chiefs' coaches. He said something about the weather,
    EDWARDS: “It’s not like we’re used to it. People are not used to playing in those kinds of conditions. We don’t practice in it a lot because you don’t get anything out of practice with guys all bundled up and can’t move. It’s a mental deal, it’s a mental challenge.”

Yes, the weather has nothing to do with the physical deal. The Chiefs must have lost that mental challenge.
    I too think that their were errors in the coaching today, but I dont agree with the points that you made. First of all, passing was easy for the most part today. Thigpen had a career day in yardage and we put up 4 touchdowns in the first half. Secong of all, as far as the thread that you read saying the Chiefs averaged 9 yards a carry, why didnt we run the ball more? The reason why we averaged 9 yards a carry is because all of our runs come from gimmike bullsh!t. We run counters and draws and run out of the pistol. Thats why those plays are so effective. We flat out do not have the talent on the offensive line, to line up in a power formation and just run the ball. Thats why this whole spread formation got started in the first place. We have to pass to stay in games. Herm is the most conservative son of a gun that you will ever see. If his team is passing 30 times a game, thats because they have to. The play action call that you hated so much was a run / pass option for Thigpen and it would have worked perfect if Thigpen wouldnt have fallen on his a$$. Thats one of the reasons that this thread is called Dammit Thigpen!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Come one guys. Don't lay this one on Thigpen. The guy scored 31 points on us. How much more can you expect? Sure - we outscored you, but that's on your defense. Thigpen played a great game, and if you want to blame someone, it will have to be your defense for allowing us to score that much on on you. Frankly, most of the Miami pundits thought Thigpen played a *great* game.
    Sure, he did look like maybe he folded under preasure a little bit in the 4th, but hey, when you guys did score, you just marched right up the field on us.
    I'd say as long as you can get your defense sorted next year, you should be just fine!

I was impressed with Thigpen. I think he has a bright future with this organization. I know it was a loss, but your team battled back the whole game in very bad conditions. Things will get a lot better. Trust me when you have good football people come in like we did in Bill, Jeff, and Tony, it will make a world of difference for you. Best of luck in 2009. If we can do it, your team can to.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I too think that their were errors in the coaching today, but I dont agree with the points that you made. First of all, passing was easy for the most part today. Thigpen had a career day in yardage and we put up 4 touchdowns in the first half. Secong of all, as far as the thread that you read saying the Chiefs averaged 9 yards a carry, why didnt we run the ball more? The reason why we averaged 9 yards a carry is because all of our runs come from gimmike bullsh!t. We run counters and draws and run out of the pistol. Thats why those plays are so effective. We flat out do not have the talent on the offensive line, to line up in a power formation and just run the ball. Thats why this whole spread formation got started in the first place. We have to pass to stay in games. Herm is the most conservative son of a gun that you will ever see. If his team is passing 30 times a game, thats because they have to. The play action call that you hated so much was a run / pass option for Thigpen and it would have worked perfect if Thigpen wouldnt have fallen on his a$$. Thats one of the reasons that this thread is called Dammit Thigpen!
    I was surprised we didn't run, but it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if the play materialized. Also, I can't blame Thigpen for falling, from what I saw guys were slipping and sliding all over the place from both teams, just a bad break for us.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    You say we run gimmick plays for runs, but if they work, then why stop doing them? I know Thigpen threw for a career high, but at the same time, how many times did you see him throw a deep pass? Not a smart call on whoever is calling the plays. The thing is Herm calls plays to try to fool the other team but he ends up fooling our own team. Thigpen did make some mistakes, but you cannot put this game on him. The other team did score 38 points on us. But you can start blaming him next week when he willl be starting at DE and QB.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    You say we run gimmick plays for runs, but if they work, then why stop doing them? I know Thigpen threw for a career high, but at the same time, how many times did you see him throw a deep pass? Not a smart call on whoever is calling the plays. The thing is Herm calls plays to try to fool the other team but he ends up fooling our own team. Thigpen did make some mistakes, but you cannot put this game on him. The other team did score 38 points on us. But you can start blaming him next week when he willl be starting at DE and QB.
    first, Those plays work because we never run. If we ran all the time, they wouldnt work. Second, Herm doesnt call the plays. Third, as far as the defense goes........... they suck tremendously. They should have much more prepared by the coaches, so Ill give you that one.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast