Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D*mnit, Thigpen

Default D*mnit, Thigpen

He and the Defense lost us this game. Inadvertly the D did come up with that Ricky Williams fumble.. Then thigpen throws another int.. So I'm off the bandwagon for him the kid is not bright 3 INTS inexcusable

I was also wondering about some of these plays that Thigpen had to do. Could it had been to see how well he does it? I mean, we lost the season, why not use the remaining games to see what the team can do?

The first time the Patriots gave up 66 pts to this offense this year, 28 of it coming the second time they saw it. This was the 10th ranked offense against the worst defense and the Chiefs led most of the game even with 4 turnovers. I can tell you from experience that throwing a football in even 32 degree weather is incredibly difficult. I couldn't even IMAGINE how tough that was today!!

Yeah, he threw a couple INTs, but he had a career day passing the ball and making plays. I'd be more inclined to blame the weather more than poor decision making for his mistakes today. Plus, this is his what, 10th game? Who here thought developing a QB would be easy and painless?

Cutler and Rivers are considered two of the best QBs in the league.
    Cutler threw 14 picks last year with 20 TDs and 16 already this year with 24 TDs. His completion % was 63.6 and 61.9 his first two years starting.
    Rivers sat for 2 full season behind Drew Breese. When he became the starter, he threw 9 INTs and 22 TDs, then 15 picks and 21 TDs his first two years as the starter. His completion % his first two years was 61.7 and 60.3.
    Compare those numbers with Thigpen who has thrown 12 picks and 19 TDs with a completion % of 59.4. He compares favorably to both those QBs.
    Jamarcus Russell has 7 picks and 11 TDs this season with a 51.2 completion %.

Thigpen compares favorably to the rest of the developing QBs in this division. He deserves a shot next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Thigpen is the least of our problems right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Come one guys. Don't lay this one on Thigpen. The guy scored 31 points on us. How much more can you expect? Sure - we outscored you, but that's on your defense. Thigpen played a great game, and if you want to blame someone, it will have to be your defense for allowing us to score that much on on you. Frankly, most of the Miami pundits thought Thigpen played a *great* game.
    Sure, he did look like maybe he folded under preasure a little bit in the 4th, but hey, when you guys did score, you just marched right up the field on us.
    I'd say as long as you can get your defense sorted next year, you should be just fine!
    To your team, I hope you make it to the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan In Cali View Post
    I was impressed with Thigpen. I think he has a bright future with this organization. I know it was a loss, but your team battled back the whole game in very bad conditions. Things will get a lot better. Trust me when you have good football people come in like we did in Bill, Jeff, and Tony, it will make a world of difference for you. Best of luck in 2009. If we can do it, your team can to.
    I like Thig, I think he can be what we need, I just hope that what ever coaching changes are made, we keep Chan, and build on this potential QB we have found.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalchief91 View Post
    He and the Defense lost us this game. Inadvertly the D did come up with that Ricky Williams fumble.. Then thigpen throws another int.. So I'm off the bandwagon for him the kid is not bright 3 INTS inexcusable
    Total Bull$hit , Tyler did not lose this game. Even Joe Montana threw INT's , it happens. What lost this game was once again the piss poor play calling. Why would you call a roll out pass play on 4th and 1 with the game on the line when you have LJ in the back field?

MORONIC PLAY CALLING LOST THIS GAME.

THIGPEN IS GOING TO BE A VERY GOOD IF NOT GREAT QB.

I agree with may posts on here...

...it's not Tyler's fault. 31 pts should win you most football games AT HOME. I point fingers at the D.

..everyone needs to relax with the whole QB situation...IMO, we have made improvements at our QB position compared to where we were at the beginning of the season...you can't say that for many other positions on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I was surprised we didn't run, but it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if the play materialized. Also, I can't blame Thigpen for falling, from what I saw guys were slipping and sliding all over the place from both teams, just a bad break for us.
    He wouldn't have slipped if it were on field turf. I saw people slipping for both teams all day.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    He wouldn't have slipped if it were on field turf. I saw people slipping for both teams all day.
    Dang soccer loving Clark!

A bootleg is actually a good play call because it's only one yard to gain and the QB has the option to hit the open receiver or tuck it down and scramble for a yard. If they weren't playing on a rock hard surface, Thigpen doesn't slip and probably gets the first. Simply saying you have LJ in the backfield doesn't assure you of a first down. He's done jack sh!# all season. It seems a little disingenuous to think after an entire 2nd half where he didn't do ANYTHING, that he could just all of a sudden be counted on for a "sure thing first down."

Thigpen is our offensive play maker and I'd rather have the ball in HIS hands at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    A bootleg is actually a good play call because it's only one yard to gain and the QB has the option to hit the open receiver or tuck it down and scramble for a yard. If they weren't playing on a rock hard surface, Thigpen doesn't slip and probably gets the first. Simply saying you have LJ in the backfield doesn't assure you of a first down. He's done jack sh!# all season. It seems a little disingenuous to think after an entire 2nd half where he didn't do ANYTHING, that he could just all of a sudden be counted on for a "sure thing first down."

Thigpen is our offensive play maker and I'd rather have the ball in HIS hands at the end of the game.
    I agreed with the play call all the way. I think Thiggy should have just taken off though rather than trying to make it look like a pass. That hole was a mile wide at the snap.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

It's a good call on any other game. The thing is that kind of weather had people slipping on the field. When it comes to play calling, you have to take into account the weather. Like when it is cold outside, do you opt for the 40 yard field goal or go for it on fourth down. It's smart to go for it since the ball is heavy and the kicker has not been asked to play in this kind of weather before. Same thing for that fourth and one. Like you said, all we needed was one yard. So line up in the pistol, spread out three receivers and Tony out wide, and hope that you get a favorable matchup for the O-line. Then just have LJ run it up the gut or have Thigpen run. It's just one of those things where I think we try too hard to trick the other team, but end up fooling ourselves.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast