Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pull the trigger, fire the GUN!

Default Pull the trigger, fire the GUN!

I went into this season as one of the biggest Gunther Cunningham supporters 'round these parts but I can't stand it any longer. You look at every close game we lost this year and how we lost those games. You can pretty much boil it down to our D not stopping anybody, especially late in the game when the tension is high. The Cover 2 defense that we supposedly run is supposed to pretty much always have two men covering the flats and one man covering the middle of the field. Yet, SOMEHOW, those spots are ALWAYS OPEN!
    And someone explain to me why whenever the Phins lined up in the wildcat formation we didn't blitz the living sh*t out of them? They're not gonna pass it. The only plays they got in that formation are options and end arounds. I really hate our Defense. Sorry, Gun, you gots to go.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Anytime a team looks good in the first half, then looks like a completely different team(worse) in the 2nd half, I think you have to look at the coaches. Whether it be the conditioning of the players or the halftime adjustments, it still falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

This team has had this problem all year. Not occasionally. All year. They are being outcoached.
    :iagree: , But while I have been a Gun fan for some time, I just would really like to know if Gunther is happy at all with the type of defense he is running. Chan, we need to keep. Hermie needs to teach, not be HC.
    jmo

If Gunn has complete control of the D then fire him.
    but im still not sure how the D works, is this Herms D or Gunns?

Hopefully our new GM next year will ask Herm:

"We brought you in to fix this D.....as it stands now we had one of the worst Ds and the absolute worst pass rush in NFL history...so why should we keep you?

OH Id love to hear Herms answer.....

If I was a GM hired, by Clark, I would not want it known until I had interviewed each and every coach on staff. Maybe thru a fan based group, I think we could do that. Then we could maybe get some truth, is it Guns defense or is it herms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12