Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs officially locked into top 3

Default Chiefs officially locked into top 3

With the Bengals' win today, even if the Chiefs beat them next week, the Bengals can only lose 12 games because of their tie with Philly. That automatically puts the Chiefs in front of them no matter the outcome next week. The Seahawks just beat the Jets which gives them 4 wins. They're out. As of this writing, the Raiders are up on the Texans by eleven with 1:16 left. They've pretty much locked up their 4th win. They're out.

That leaves the win-less Lions who have clinched the #1 spot and St. Louis who plays the Falcons next week in Atlanta. If both the Chiefs AND Rams lose, I'm not sure who has the weakest schedule. I'm pretty sure they would considering we will only play 3 games against 2 sub-.500 teams. I'd expect our schedule to be ranked among the top as far as strength.

So, unless the Rams can pull of a shocker in Atlanta, the Chiefs are pretty much locked in the #3 spot.

Who do y'all like?

1. I'm thinking the Chiefs should get someone that is PROVEN like a Suggs or Peppers in FA so that they immeidately improve their pass rush. They will have to pay through the nose to get them, but if they take a DE with the 3rd pick they would've paid through the nose anyhow on someone that is unproven.

2. Try to trade the 3rd pick in the draft. Using the Draft Pick Value Chart, if the Chiefs could trade down to around the 10th pick, that could get them an additional 2nd and 4th round pick potentially.
    3. They could then use the 10th pick on MLB, Rey Maualuga. They could then get some line help with these additional picks.

This would allow them to address the DE spot, MLB, and the OL. The Chiefs would also still have all of their picks in rounds 2+ to make this team better.

Or.... j/k.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    1. I'm thinking the Chiefs should get someone that is PROVEN like a Suggs or Peppers in FA so that they immeidately improve their pass rush. They will have to pay through the nose to get them, but if they take a DE with the 3rd pick they would've paid through the nose anyhow on someone that is unproven.

2. Try to trade the 3rd pick in the draft. Using the Draft Pick Value Chart, if the Chiefs could trade down to around the 10th pick, that could get them an additional 2nd and 4th round pick potentially.
    3. They could then use the 10th pick on MLB, Rey Maualuga. They could then get some line help with these additional picks.

This would allow them to address the DE spot, MLB, and the OL. The Chiefs would also still have all of their picks in rounds 2+ to make this team better.

Or.... j/k.
    Too bad the Patriots don't need to move up. I'd love to have their 1st, 2 2nds, their 3 and 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Too bad the Patriots don't need to move up. I'd love to have their 1st, 2 2nds, their 3 and 5th.
    That would be like when Mike Ditka traded every one of the Saints first days picks away to get Ricky Williams.

Or.... j/k.
    I just don't know who will want to move up. The only team I can think of who would need Crabtree would be the Seahawks and they may try to wait until there pick.

Andre Smith and a few other players might be there. Hell, Bradford, Stafford, or some other great player who shoots up the draft board could be there. You never know who's going to want what. The Chiefs are in a great position to trade down.

"If we can't get them?" We'll have the #3 pick at worst. We can take practically anyone we want.

Also, to answer what Coach said, the best possible thing for the Chiefs is if Crabtree falls to us. He would represent the most value at the #3 spot. Teams will know the Chiefs want to trade down and will probably make any deal they can to get out of that spot. This should drive the price up and the Chiefs could walk away with a huge deal!!!
    I meant if we trade down, and cannot get one of them or if we draft a different position earlier. Sorry, should have made that clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I just don't know who will want to move up. The only team I can think of who would need Crabtree would be the Seahawks and they may try to wait until there pick.
    The Bears would love to have Crabtree. They need a WR badly. This gives them a chance to have an Orton/Forte/Crabtree combination. I think most bears fans would die for that.

Andre Smith and a few other players might be there. Hell, Bradford, Stafford, or some other great player who shoots up the draft board could be there. You never know who's going to want what. The Chiefs are in a great position to trade down.
    I agree, the Chiefs are in a good place to trade down. The biggest issue will be signability of these draft picks. Things will change a lot depending on what happens in free agency.

That would be like when Mike Ditka traded every one of the Saints first days picks away to get Ricky Williams.
    I would pay to see Belichick in dreadlocks like Ditka's crazy a$$.

Because of the whispers of the rookie cap in the 2010 draft, this year would be the best year to trade down financially speaking as well. Trading down and gaining more picks reduces the risk of paying huge for an enormous bust. While traditionally, you get very few chances to draft in the top 5 and there certainly is some great talent there, I'd rather have a smaller contract on the books until next year and then if we need to, we could move up to the top 5 and take a player with a lot less risk.

The Bears would love to have Crabtree. They need a WR badly. This gives them a chance to have an Orton/Forte/Crabtree combination. I think most bears fans would die for that.

I agree, the Chiefs are in a good place to trade down. The biggest issue will be signability of these draft picks. Things will change a lot depending on what happens in free agency.
    I do not get to watch the Bears often, so I did not know the Bears were looking for a WR. But heck, that is pretty much the best spot to trade down to. I hope it happens.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast