Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs officially locked into top 3

Default Chiefs officially locked into top 3

With the Bengals' win today, even if the Chiefs beat them next week, the Bengals can only lose 12 games because of their tie with Philly. That automatically puts the Chiefs in front of them no matter the outcome next week. The Seahawks just beat the Jets which gives them 4 wins. They're out. As of this writing, the Raiders are up on the Texans by eleven with 1:16 left. They've pretty much locked up their 4th win. They're out.

That leaves the win-less Lions who have clinched the #1 spot and St. Louis who plays the Falcons next week in Atlanta. If both the Chiefs AND Rams lose, I'm not sure who has the weakest schedule. I'm pretty sure they would considering we will only play 3 games against 2 sub-.500 teams. I'd expect our schedule to be ranked among the top as far as strength.

So, unless the Rams can pull of a shocker in Atlanta, the Chiefs are pretty much locked in the #3 spot.

Who do y'all like?

I hate the Rams. How do you blow that game? We probably just lost our chance to get Andre Smith and that upsets me. He could be a dominant RT or LT. Hopefully we can get into the 2nd spot, but I want the Chiefs to win at the same time. I hate having one of the worst records in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefsFanFromNY View Post
    I hate the Rams. How do you blow that game? We probably just lost our chance to get Andre Smith and that upsets me. He could be a dominant RT or LT. Hopefully we can get into the 2nd spot, but I want the Chiefs to win at the same time. I hate having one of the worst records in the league.
    I think Michael Oher is a better LT anyway. Let them take Smith.

Hell, if Monroe replaced Albert at LT in college, I'd take him!! lol Albert has been a beast over there all year for a rookie!! I wouldn't mind getting someone who was perceived to be better than him. That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Hell, if Monroe replaced Albert at LT in college, I'd take him!! lol Albert has been a beast over there all year for a rookie!! I wouldn't mind getting someone who was perceived to be better than him. That would be nice.
    Monroe does look good. I wouldn't mind which one we go for. Apparently, the Chiefs are very high on Monroe.

why do you say that? I haven't seen any connection between the two.

why do you say that? I haven't seen any connection between the two.
    http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-footb...ing-trail.html

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/1...a-look-at-tack

Because of the whispers of the rookie cap in the 2010 draft, this year would be the best year to trade down financially speaking as well. Trading down and gaining more picks reduces the risk of paying huge for an enormous bust. While traditionally, you get very few chances to draft in the top 5 and there certainly is some great talent there, I'd rather have a smaller contract on the books until next year and then if we need to, we could move up to the top 5 and take a player with a lot less risk.
    The Chiefs New GM comes from Texas!!!!!!!,
    I really do not like to say it, but you may be right.
    Being the pessimist that I am.

OUTSTANDING!!! Monroe, Curry AND Rey!!!

I really wouldn't mind taking Monroe even though we have Albert. At least we have something to compare him to. It's a little more of a risk IMO to draft either Oher or Smith because there isn't that relative perspective like we get with Monroe and Albert.

Thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    The Chiefs New GM comes from Texas!!!!!!!,
    I really do not like to say it, but you may be right.
    Being the pessimist that I am.
    HELL YEAH!! I'll take the job!!

HELL YEAH!! I'll take the job!!
    OK, but if you get the job, I want to be the water boy, with a big salary! I can fire up their butts, in case the coaches do not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast