Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chiefs officially locked into top 3

Default Chiefs officially locked into top 3

With the Bengals' win today, even if the Chiefs beat them next week, the Bengals can only lose 12 games because of their tie with Philly. That automatically puts the Chiefs in front of them no matter the outcome next week. The Seahawks just beat the Jets which gives them 4 wins. They're out. As of this writing, the Raiders are up on the Texans by eleven with 1:16 left. They've pretty much locked up their 4th win. They're out.

That leaves the win-less Lions who have clinched the #1 spot and St. Louis who plays the Falcons next week in Atlanta. If both the Chiefs AND Rams lose, I'm not sure who has the weakest schedule. I'm pretty sure they would considering we will only play 3 games against 2 sub-.500 teams. I'd expect our schedule to be ranked among the top as far as strength.

So, unless the Rams can pull of a shocker in Atlanta, the Chiefs are pretty much locked in the #3 spot.

Who do y'all like?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    OK, but if you get the job, I want to be the water boy, with a big salary! I can fire up their butts, in case the coaches do not.
    DONE!!

DIBS on the towel boy for the Cheerleaders!!!!

Anyways,

I can think of another team that might being willing to trade up for our 3rd pick.

THE EAGLES

I keep hearing they want a stud LT and they feel that is what they have been missing.

We could trade our 3rd overall for both there 1st rounders (I think like 19th and 29th) AND there 2nd round pick.

We would be loosing about 200 or so draft points, but Hell i would do the deal no question.

Then we could really have a nice draft and we could even try to trade up some spots to get Maualuga or something.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    DIBS on the towel boy for the Cheerleaders!!!!

Anyways,

I can think of another team that might being willing to trade up for our 3rd pick.

THE EAGLES

I keep hearing they want a stud LT and they feel that is what they have been missing.

We could trade our 3rd overall for both there 1st rounders (I think like 19th and 29th) AND there 2nd round pick.

We would be loosing about 200 or so draft points, but Hell i would do the deal no question.

Then we could really have a nice draft and we could even try to trade up some spots to get Maualuga or something.
    I'd do that in a heart beat. But I wouldn't take a 200 pt. hit. They'd have to do something else to make that deficit up. I know it doesn't sound like much, 4th round picks are worth roughly 100 pts, you need to get at least one of them. Moving from 19th to 3rd in the draft is a big jump. The Chiefs franchise and their fanbase have gone through a painful process to get that 3rd spot. You don't give discounts to winning teams who want your pick. This jump is and should be an expensive one for the Eagles. But if they believe they're one solid LT from getting over the hump, then any price should be worth it.

I'd ask for both their 1st rounders, a second, a fourth and a 5th.

If the Eagles trade went down maybe we could trade that 29th pick ANd our 2nd round pick (35th) and move up to like 12th over all. This woudl give us a WAY better chance at getting Maualuga and we woudl still have the 19th overall to get Duke Robinson. Then still have a 2nd rounder with getting The Eagles pick.

If this happened we woudl pretty much of traded this

3rd overall and 35th for (12th, 29th, 51st) Plus if we get the Eagles 4th and 5th like you want hehe.

Pretty much gotta think woudl I rather have

3rd overall AND a top 2nd round pick OR two firsts

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    If the Eagles trade went down maybe we could trade that 29th pick ANd our 2nd round pick (35th) and move up to like 12th over all. This woudl give us a WAY better chance at getting Maualuga and we woudl still have the 19th overall to get Duke Robinson. Then still have a 2nd rounder with getting The Eagles pick.

If this happened we woudl pretty much of traded this

3rd overall and 35th for (12th, 29th, 51st) Plus if we get the Eagles 4th and 5th like you want hehe.

Pretty much gotta think woudl I rather have

3rd overall AND a top 2nd round pick OR two firsts
    The thing is the Eagle won't trade up. They are in a similar boat we were in a few years ago. They have a lot of key players late in age and you have to wonder if they will re-sign any. More than likely they need a good draft to stay a good team. They need a potential replacement for Dawkins and both tackles. They'll keep their picks to try and find players to fill those big roles.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345