Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs officially locked into top 3

Default Chiefs officially locked into top 3

With the Bengals' win today, even if the Chiefs beat them next week, the Bengals can only lose 12 games because of their tie with Philly. That automatically puts the Chiefs in front of them no matter the outcome next week. The Seahawks just beat the Jets which gives them 4 wins. They're out. As of this writing, the Raiders are up on the Texans by eleven with 1:16 left. They've pretty much locked up their 4th win. They're out.

That leaves the win-less Lions who have clinched the #1 spot and St. Louis who plays the Falcons next week in Atlanta. If both the Chiefs AND Rams lose, I'm not sure who has the weakest schedule. I'm pretty sure they would considering we will only play 3 games against 2 sub-.500 teams. I'd expect our schedule to be ranked among the top as far as strength.

So, unless the Rams can pull of a shocker in Atlanta, the Chiefs are pretty much locked in the #3 spot.

Who do y'all like?

Depressing to think we're in the same company as the Lions. Where did it all go so wrong?

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We need a QB. Thigpen is probably suffering from TQS (Temporary Quarterback Syndrome-when a backup comes in at QB because of injury and and plays great then next season can't play at all). I've seen that to many times to want anything but a QB. And even if Thigpen doesn't have TQS what is the damage in having a backup QB you can trade for a first round pick and maybe more to several NFL teams? Besides that, a QB who runs as much as Thigpen is bound to get injured and we'd need a good backup.
    I'd look for a DE in the second round and a DT in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Depressing to think we're in the same company as the Lions. Where did it all go so wrong?
    Peterson and Vermeil drafted poorly and let this team get too damn old to compete. So, I'd say after our 2003 season.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    Quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We need a QB. Thigpen is probably suffering from TQS (Temporary Quarterback Syndrome-when a backup comes in at QB because of injury and and plays great then next season can't play at all). I've seen that to many times to want anything but a QB. And even if Thigpen doesn't have TQS what is the damage in having a backup QB you can trade for a first round pick and maybe more to several NFL teams? Besides that, a QB who runs as much as Thigpen is bound to get injured and we'd need a good backup.
    I'd look for a DE in the second round and a DT in the third.
    No. We should NOT take a QB in the first round. First off, there won't be one worth taking. Stafford throws too many picks in COLLEGE to think he'll be a great NFL QB. Especially behind the current O-line if we don't run the spread. Also, there is talk about the new CBA putting a cap on rookie contracts. I'd hate to be the last team that gave a huge contract to a bust like Stafford would probably be in KC.

Here are some 2009 College Player Rankings. I really have no idea what the Chiefs will do with the #3 pick. I guess any 2-13 team could use help in many places.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Here are some 2009 College Player Rankings. I really have no idea what the Chiefs will do with the #3 pick. I guess any 2-13 team could use help in many places.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/
    trade down and fill holes. that's the best thing to do. trade LJ and/or Gonzo and get more picks. Hell, trade DJ if you can get a high pick for him. I wouldn't mind getting a completely new LB corp. DJ has been disappointing thus far and if we could parlay him into a late 1st or early 2nd, then I'd be ok with it.

This team needs another draft like the one they had last year. But i'd spend a little more money in free agency to try and fill some holes than they did last year with just Williams.

Can the Chiefs pass on Crabtree if he is still there?

I'd be shocked if the Lions didn't take a QB with the 1st pick.
    The Rams almost have to take a LT.

That means Crabtree falls right into our laps. He is probably the best player in the draft. I know there are bigger positions of need, but how do you pass that up? I'd also be willing to bet someone would be willing to trade up for that kind of talent.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-21-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Can the Chiefs pass on Crabtree if he is still there?

I'd be shocked if the Lions didn't take a QB with the 1st pick.
    The Rams almost have to take a LT.

That means Crabtree falls right into our laps. He is probably the best player in the draft. I know there are bigger positions of need, but how do you pass that up? I'd also be willing to bet someone would be willing to trade up for that kind of talent.
    I don't see us taking Crabtree - too many holes to fill on the lines. I definetely see us trading down...or getting Orabko fm Texas..
    SHUT IT

Orapko does look nasty. I watched DJ a little closer today. I don't know that he is the answer for our MLB spot. He seemed to get a good jump, but didn't look that fast. That could have something to do with it being 10 degrees though. I say that because the LB out of USC, Rey Maulauga looks incredible, 2008 version of Junior Seau. Move DJ back outside and throw Rey inside. I guess it depends on what kind of DE we could get in the 2nd rd.

It would be fun to have Crabtree, but I agree this team needs to keep teams under 30. Scoring hasn't been our issue for the last 6-7 weeks.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-21-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast