Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I thought Jamaal Charles was suppose to be fast!

Default I thought Jamaal Charles was suppose to be fast!

I was excited when we got him because of his (alleged) speed.

He was supposed to be one of the fastest players in the game.

So how the hell does veteran Yeremiah Bell run him down when Charles has a good lead on him and Bell running from an angle get him?

Yeremiah is a starter and Charles a backup...so I dont want to hear crap bout fatigue or the weather on this one.

(And for those who arent sure bout the play.. the one where JC is lined up as WR and passed to on the inside screen at 11:27 to go in 2nd quarter).
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 12-22-2008 at 03:57 AM.

i doubt he will let it happen again. you are either fast or you are not fast and charles is fast

Also the Chiefs were in the Shade the whole game and the Dolphins were in the sun. The Dolphins were running 5 new guys in every other play too. I know how cold it was on the sunny side , it had to be at least 25% colder on the Chiefs side in the shade. It only got colder at the game went on too. I was listening to the game on headphones and they said it went from about 10 degrees at the beginning to 0 degrees at the end with out the wind chill factored in .The wind got stronger towards the end of the game too.

Charles did look kind of awkward when he ran, I think he was just cold; and not used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Also the Chiefs were in the Shade the whole game and the Dolphins were in the sun. The Dolphins were running 5 new guys in every other play too. I know how cold it was on the sunny side , it had to be at least 25% colder on the Chiefs side in the shade. It only got colder at the game went on too. I was listening to the game on headphones and they said it went from about 10 degrees at the beginning to 0 degrees at the end with out the wind chill factored in .The wind got stronger towards the end of the game too.
    Yeah, while I was sitting on the sunny side I kept thinking, why did the chiefs choose to put themselves on the south side of the stadium all those years ago. Why have the locker room on that side. heh Screwed themselves.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Yeah, while I was sitting on the sunny side I kept thinking, why did the chiefs choose to put themselves on the south side of the stadium all those years ago. Why have the locker room on that side. heh Screwed themselves.
    Yup, sitting in the sun with the wind being blocked by the stadium made it bearable.

I would have liked to have known who was spitting off the middle deck.

Charles did get run down on that play. But, there is talent on both sides of the ball. Jamaal still made a nice play for a great gain. By the way, Yeremiah Bell shocked a lot of people on that play.
    http://www.finheaven.com/forums/show...42&postcount=6

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Charles did get run down on that play. But, there is talent on both sides of the ball. Jamaal still made a nice play for a great gain. By the way, Yeremiah Bell shocked a lot of people on that play.
    http://www.finheaven.com/forums/show...42&postcount=6

The explanation he gave over the radio is that he had wore extra clothing that for some reason slowed him down; don't know just how much that really had to do with it.

this stuff bout the cold is comical..

it was cold for Yeremiah too...and they are the tropical team, not us.

We should benefit from the cold, not them.

The reason Im concerned is because this is the primary reason we got him.

It was still a good play and Im lookin foward to watching the game again...

They are re-airing it on NFL Network Tues. Nite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

Yeah, but Herm did not practice outside at all last week. He said that when it came to the weather, it is not an advantage for any team but more of a mental challenge.

But you should not be worried about Charles. It's one play on a cold day. Bell was playing more than Charles so he would be loose unlike Charles who came off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

You are over think it. I'd bet 9 times out of 10 Charles wins that race. Quit looking for a negative in a great play for crying out loud. There is nothing to be concerned about.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast