Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I thought Jamaal Charles was suppose to be fast!

Default I thought Jamaal Charles was suppose to be fast!

I was excited when we got him because of his (alleged) speed.

He was supposed to be one of the fastest players in the game.

So how the hell does veteran Yeremiah Bell run him down when Charles has a good lead on him and Bell running from an angle get him?

Yeremiah is a starter and Charles a backup...so I dont want to hear crap bout fatigue or the weather on this one.

(And for those who arent sure bout the play.. the one where JC is lined up as WR and passed to on the inside screen at 11:27 to go in 2nd quarter).
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 12-22-2008 at 03:57 AM.

He lost a step when he lost footing and recovered? NFL, all players has speed of some sort. I think that was enought for bell to get him. If he did not slip, TD.

When it came to when both were flat out sprinting tho....Bell chased him down.

If you look at the play again....its obvious that Bell was the faster runner.

....what's it matter? It's done..

...we have bigger issues than Jamaal's speed.

Uh, it's friggin cold? He had a minor slip on a bad field. That minor slip caused by the cold and the bad field slowed him by half a second. That half a second was what the defender needed to catch him.

Pretty simple really.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I was at the game and had a great view of this play at the end.

Anyone there could tell Charles body just was not warmed up. Like he seemed really stiff from the cold weather.

With teh slip at the line and his body being out of normal AND bell being loose and warm from playing every down. If why he caught him. No way he does if its above freezing.

He really just looked cold and stiff to the bone, no flexibility what so ever.

I saw the replay on NFL network and that wasn't the runner I saw last year at Texas. He looked really stiff. I don't know if it was just the cold or if it was something else, but that wasn't his fastest, I can assure you.

Maybe he had to many set of long underwear on.

Had that been another 20 yards he would have pulled away . He was just starting to loosen up at the very last leg of that run.

I think it has something to do with how the Chiefs use Charles. He should be doing great in this spread offense, yet we are not using him that much. I saw the play and it looked like he was just stiff. Yeah, he may have slipped a little, but he did not look fluid when running. He was not loose once he got on the field. But that may be his fault for not being on the sidelines getting loose. But it was freaking cold outside, so I don't throw too much blame his direction. He is just a rookie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast