Thread: Prosecutors Detail Dogfights At Vick's Property

Sweets Guest

Default Prosecutors Detail Dogfights At Vick's Property

The dogfights on Michael Vick's property followed very strict rules, authorities say. Weighing in just half a pound too much or too little disqualified dogs from matches. Dogs were bathed immediately before fights to make sure their coats were not "tainted" with a drug or poison that might hinder an opponent. Sometimes they were starved to make them more vicious in the pit. For owners and carefully screened spectators, these fights sometimes offered purses worth thousands of dollars. For the dogs, losing could lead to a gruesome execution. This is how federal prosecutors describe a large dogfighting operation that they say operated out of Vick's 15-acre property in Surry County, Va. They have filed no charges. And Vick, the Atlanta Falcons' quarterback and one of the highest-paid players in the National Football League, has denied any involvement in dogfighting. His lawyer did not respond Friday to a request for an interview. Regardless, by giving such a detailed account in court documents, prosecutors are sending strong signals about their investigation's focus. They say the dogfighting organization, known as Bad Newz Kennels, violated federal law by sponsoring or otherwise taking part in fights for which animals were transported across state lines.

Source: ALAN JUDD
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I bet Vick gets off scott-free on this whole thing.

Sweets Guest

I wouldn't doubt, the commish is pretty friendly with the owner of the Falcons

I can't stand the guy. If the new Commish does not address this issue then there goes his "hard line" persona and any personal respect. IMO