View Poll Results: What should the Chiefs draft?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quarterback

7 13.73%
  • Runningback

1 1.96%
  • Widereciever

2 3.92%
  • Tightend

0 0%
  • Offensive Lineman

14 27.45%
  • Linebacker

10 19.61%
  • Cornerback

0 0%
  • Safety

0 0%
  • Defensive Tackle

0 0%
  • Defensive End

17 33.33%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What should the Chiefs draft?

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default What should the Chiefs draft?

What position would you like to see the Chiefs draft this year? I'm not asking players since I don't know college but just the position that is most needed to be adressed through the draft.

I'd say any DB position should be the first priority.

If they don't get a DE in free agency, then they have no choice but to go DE. The Chiefs pass rush is anemic. The Chiefs set the record for the least amount of sacks this season, barring a monster game against the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If they don't get a DE in free agency, then they have no choice but to go DE. The Chiefs pass rush is anemic. The Chiefs set the record for the least amount of sacks this season, barring a monster game against the Bengals.
    Agreed, Jared Allen was sorely missed this year having been conspicuous by his absence.

Im tellin you, if we draft Keanu Reeves, he will be able to play both DE and QB.

Neo would play RE, and ofcourse Johhny Utah as QB (before he turns into super surfer cop)

but in all seriousness, i would like to see OL or trade down for MLB. someone who can put fear into opposing offenses. I think we need to coach our players up from the defensive line positions. Or sign Suggs from FA. we have talent there. our current coaches just dont know how to play defense, i think they have proved that over the last dozen first or second round d-lineman and d-ends we have screwed over...
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 12-23-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
    Serious post? Secondary has been somewhat of a bright spot this year. The reason they look bad some of the time is because our pass rush in non existent.

I think you take the BPA in the areas of need. And in the top 3 I think that is offensive tackle. I don't think any of the DE's are top 3 material. Maybe OLB Curry is, but when you have a chance to grab a franchise OT, you take him. Albert and the draft pick could be the staple of our offense for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Im tellin you, if we draft Keanu Reeves, he will be able to play both DE and QB.

Neo would play RE, and ofcourse Johhny Utah as QB (before he turns into super surfer cop)

but in all seriousness, i would like to see OL or trade down for MLB. someone who can put fear into opposing offenses. I think we need to coach our players up from the defensive line positions. Or sign Suggs from FA. we have talent there. our current coaches just dont know how to play defense, i think they have proved that over the last dozen first or second round d-lineman and d-ends we have screwed over...
    I agree with all of this except about Keanu. DE? Come on, he would be an absolute monster at inside linebacker.

Suggs would make a great addition at DE. He played it in college, will only be 26 years old, and brings intensity onto the field. Exactly the kind of player the Chiefs need. OT is the only position worth taking that high. But if we can trade down, then yes, take a linebacker. Curry, Maualuga, Laurinaitus, any of those would be great.

i dont really think theres that many good DE's coming out of the draft this year am i wrong? Atleast top 5 material. Right now, Orakpo and Selvie are the two best. I personally dont think either of them are worthy of a top 3 overall pick. even with our current nfl record lowest sacks in a season. we should be able to find someone in FA or high 2nd round that would be able to step in. Id like to see them sign a DE in the free agent market...i think we are good at DT with Dorsey and Tyler. We just need someone that can COACH them. Hali is starting to get some pressure now. Hopefully he can take this into next season. we have another important draft coming up folks..

Well, lets be honest with ourselves. If we don't have an O-line, we don't move the ball because the qb is being sacked or the hb is getting tackled in the backfield. We haven't put up very many point this year and hopefully that will change this next year. We need O-line adjustments and a new quarterback. Thigpen isn't going to cut it, although he could develop if he was being taught by a decent veteren. As far as Jared Allen goes, glad he's gone. We need folks who are going to build our team, not tear us down. We need COWER immediately and get rid of Herm. Squirmin Herman hasn't cut it and we are looking for big change here, similiar to what Parcells did with Miami. We got rid of the weakest link in Peterson, now bring in someone who can change this organization from the top down. New Coach, new GM, new O-coach, and strengthen our special teams.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast