Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about Chase Patton?

Default What about Chase Patton?

I saw this guy play at Rockbridge High, awesome talent. He is 6 foot 5 weighs 220lbs and according to ESPN magazine may win the superbowl while Chase Daniel had a Heisman shot. Everyone keeps talking about Bradford, Tebow, and the Georgia QB. There very may well be a diamond in the rough right here in Missouri. The combine will tell more, just curious as to what everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    High School is a long way from the NFL. Why do we want a QB that has done nothing but be a back up in college?
    Matt Cassell and Brad Johnson turned out to be pretty good with the same circumstances. If the guy has the tools to be a NFL QB then why not give him a shot in the later rounds or invite him to camp?

Default Lets don't be satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefsFanFromNY View Post
    Matt Cassell and Brad Johnson turned out to be pretty good with the same circumstances. If the guy has the tools to be a NFL QB then why not give him a shot in the later rounds or invite him to camp?
    OK........they have done a good job...........but.........lets don't get satisfied with backups. Either draft a first rounder or go after someone who can play. Seems to me a lot of us Chiefs fans have forgotten what a good NFL football team looks and plays like. Tyler Thigpen is not a starter in NFL and neither are many of the players we have now. Herm if full of crap when he says we are 85% ready. He just pulled that number out of the air.
    Hopefully we get a GM that is serious about winning and bringing in the right type of players to win.
    Herm and the entire coaching staff must go. I love Gun but his defense totally sucks. Time for a new scheme and coaches. The only coach I would even think about keeping is possibly Chan Gailey. He has done a respectable job with what he has had to work with.
    All of us Chiefs fans have become so used to mediocrity
    that we must step back and really look at the good teams and how they play and the type of players they have. Sorry troops but we are not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    OK........they have done a good job...........but.........lets don't get satisfied with backups. Either draft a first rounder or go after someone who can play. Seems to me a lot of us Chiefs fans have forgotten what a good NFL football team looks and plays like. Tyler Thigpen is not a starter in NFL and neither are many of the players we have now. Herm if full of crap when he says we are 85% ready. He just pulled that number out of the air.
    Hopefully we get a GM that is serious about winning and bringing in the right type of players to win.
    Herm and the entire coaching staff must go. I love Gun but his defense totally sucks. Time for a new scheme and coaches. The only coach I would even think about keeping is possibly Chan Gailey. He has done a respectable job with what he has had to work with.
    All of us Chiefs fans have become so used to mediocrity
    that we must step back and really look at the good teams and how they play and the type of players they have. Sorry troops but we are not there yet.
    Um, I disagree (to some of it).

Mainly the anti-Tyler talk. When Bradley is healthy, he's been one of the better QBs and puts up the points. Get him a WR2 who can stay healthy and you fixed one of our problems.
    Throw in a few more runs and maybe some play action and youve got a good QB.

My sig says the rest.

My wishlist:
    GM - Scott Pioli (NE)
    Aging player? Cut him. A chance to upgrade at a position? Do it. He's demonstrated an ability to build a winner (Cleveland), deliver a division title (New York) and a Super Bowl victory (New England). His track record of success is unparalleled across the league which is why he is the top name for GM positions every offseason. He makes the moves everyone wishes their team would make.
    HC Ron Meeks (IND)
    Asst HC/Quarterbacks - Brad Childress (MIN)
    OC - Chan Gailey
    Running backs - Jim Anderson (CIN)
    Asst OC/Wide Receivers - Jay Novell (OU)
    Offensive Line Coach - Dante Scarnecchia (NE)
    DC - Rocky Seto (DBC, USC)
    Defensive Line - Earl Lane (LSU) or Rod Marinelli (DET)
    Linebackers - Mike Murphy (IND)
    Defesnive Backs - Jeremy Rowell (Troy U)
    Future Chiefs
    GM Scott Pioli, HC Ron Meeks, DE Terrell Suggs, LB Jonathan Vilma, WR Brandon Jones, CB Cedric Benson, LB Aaron Curry, DE Everette Brown, WR Louis Murphy, RT Fenuki Tupou, DT Ron Brace

Quote Originally Posted by odendin View Post
    Um, I disagree (to some of it).

Mainly the anti-Tyler talk. When Bradley is healthy, he's been one of the better QBs and puts up the points. Get him a WR2 who can stay healthy and you fixed one of our problems.
    Throw in a few more runs and maybe some play action and youve got a good QB.

My sig says the rest.

My wishlist:
    GM - Scott Pioli (NE)
    Aging player? Cut him. A chance to upgrade at a position? Do it. He's demonstrated an ability to build a winner (Cleveland), deliver a division title (New York) and a Super Bowl victory (New England). His track record of success is unparalleled across the league which is why he is the top name for GM positions every offseason. He makes the moves everyone wishes their team would make.
    HC Ron Meeks (IND)
    Why Ron Meeks?
    Asst HC/Quarterbacks - Brad Childress (MIN)
    OC - Chan Gailey
    Running backs - Jim Anderson (CIN)
    Asst OC/Wide Receivers - Jay Novell (OU)
    Offensive Line Coach - Dante Scarnecchia (NE)
    I want Mike Solari back. He was consistently considered one of the best O-line coaches in the league.
    DC - Rocky Seto (DBC, USC)
    I'm sorry, but WTF? Why would you even consider this guy? He's been part of one of the most consistently underachieving defenses in college. No thank you. I'd be much more interested in Romeo Crennel if we're going to bring in Patriot personnel.
    Defensive Line - Earl Lane (LSU) or Rod Marinelli (DET)
    Linebackers - Mike Murphy (IND)
    Defesnive Backs - Jeremy Rowell (Troy U)
    I haven't really looked at coaches yet or who I'd like to bring in because I think the coaching staff isn't the problem yet. I think they're doing a good job of coaching the young guys and getting them to buy into the system. If we end up hitting a wall when all these young players should be getting to the AFC title game or Super Bowl, then yeah. Change the coaching staff. (Kinda like what the Chargers did... just don't hire Norv Turner.)

I really do love the stupidity by the Chargers and Raiders. The most stable franchise in this division is the ONLY franchise that is consistently in contention for the division crown. That is where the Chiefs need to be. STABLE. You saw what that did for the Chargers under Schott. Changing coaching staffs every third year is the worst thing imaginable for ANY franchise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12