Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cohwer Crazy

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Post Cohwer Crazy

It seems everyone has gone crazy wishing Bill Cohwer would be our next coach. I've not even heard he was interested in coaching again. Is this just wishing or has he said he might get back in the game?
    I hope he does coach here but doubt it will happen. The only way I see him coming out of retirement to coach here if he has not expressed interest is if we kidnapped his mustache and held it hostage till he agreed to coach here.
    :character00110::character00221:
    Oh No! He's shooting Snoopy!:scared2:

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Cowher has previous ties to the chiefs? I liked your 2nd number 4, . I remember when the chiefs' defense used to kick the snot bubbles out of the other team too.
    Cowher was the defensive Coordinator under Marty from 1989-1992. He followed Marty from Cleveland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    It seems everyone has gone crazy wishing Bill Cohwer would be our next coach. I've not even heard he was interested in coaching again. Is this just wishing or has he said he might get back in the game?
    I hope he does coach here but doubt it will happen. The only way I see him coming out of retirement to coach here if he has not expressed interest is if we kidnapped his mustache and held it hostage till he agreed to coach here.
    :character00110::character00221:
    Oh No! He's shooting Snoopy!:scared2:
    All we need to do is get Jack Buaer on the job, and Bill will be our head coach!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Yes, Cowher has ties to the Chiefs. But he started with the Browns. If he comes back, I think it would be very likely to the Chiefs or Browns.

I think the 5 key advantages the Chiefs have working for them are:
    1. We aren't in the same division as the Steelers. I would think that there is probably a gentleman's agreement that he would not come back and coach a team within their own division. Imagine if Mike Shanahan retired from the Broncos this year, then decided 3 years later to come back and coach the Chiefs. It just would not happen.

2. We have an open GM spot. That means it could be given to Cowher or he could have a strong hand in who is put in the position as part of his agreeing to coach the Chiefs.

3. Previous ties to the Chiefs organization.

4. Similar team to the Steelers. Super fan base. Defense first, offense second(historically). Sellout crowds, outdoor stadium with mystique. Severe home field advantage(historically).

5. Blue collar town similar to Pittsburgh. Great family environment.

With all that said, I just wonder how happy our fans would be with Cowher running the show. He is a run first, pass second, hard-nosed, control the clock, smash-mouth football kind of guy. Very similar philosophy as Herm Edwards. He would have the chance to work with Chan Gailey again. That would give them a jumpstart on offense.

I am in favor of bringing in Cowher for several reasons:
    1. He may not have a Vermeil "highlight reel" offense, but his style of football wins games.
    2. He is a proven winner.
    3. He can motivate players.
    4. He is Defense first. I miss the days when our defense used to kick the snot bubbles out of other teams.
    5. The current roster, of mostly draft choices, is exactly how Cowher liked to run his own team.

I hope we get Cowher.
    Cowher was against paying big money on FAs too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12