Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: terrell suggs

Default terrell suggs

i hope baltimore can not resign him. and we can pick him up he would make a huge differance in our defense. he is a outstanding lb and is young to. if he is available i think he is a must have for kc

Wouldn't we get him to play DE?

I also like Suggs. How great would it be to bring both him and Ray Lewis to KC?

Lewis has a good 4-5 years left in the tank and could be that Leadership guy our D really really needs ATM. Plus he would probably cost us less then Vilma would I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post

Lewis has a good 4-5 years left in the tank and could be that Leadership guy our D really really needs ATM. Plus he would probably cost us less then Vilma would I'm thinking.
    Suggs would be Awesome....

Ray is decent but past him prime( Although better than our LB core now). Next year would be his 14th year(I think), to old for a rebuilding team.

Besides, I think Ravens just signed him an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post

How about a DL of (right to left):
    Suggs; Dorsey; Haynesworth; Hali/Babin

That would take us from one of the worst front fours to one of the best. It would also give Dorsey someone to be mentored by. Also, I think a Hali/Babin combo would be good enough with all the attention the other three would command. I mean you cannot double team both Suggs and Haynesworth. Hopefully Dorsey will get into better shape next year, and as it is he gets a lot of double teams. Hali is good all around. Babin gets a good jump on passing downs (he overpursues way too much against runs).

With our cap space this is may be feasible, and allow us to use our 1st rounder on either a Tackle or trade down and get a LB and Guard. Our defense becomes respectable instantly.

Probably a pipe dream, but cant a brother dream!!!
    Last edited by jap1; 12-23-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Correction

MAN that would be a dream D-line.

you make me think about this.

I have always said we need to get Suggs/peppers and Vilma/another good MLB in FA, BUT

your right a Suggs and Haynesworth FA signing would allow us to trade down (even like 5 spots) to around 7th and draft Rey Maualuga then we would also have an extra pick (3rd overall is 2200 draft points, 7th overall would be 1500 points plus the teams 2nd rounder which is 510 points that woudl equal 2010 draft points)

Yes we would be giving up 200 points, but that might have to be what we give up to move down. If we woudl draft Rey Maualuga with 3rd overall why not move down and gain a 2nd?

So we have the best front line in the NFL and now we have a stud MLB for years to come.

Suggs, Vilma and Asomugha would be the best return on their investment. They're all going to be under 28 next season and worth building the foundation with. Lewis and Peppers will be over 30 next season. Haynesworth will demand an enormous contract next season and he'd undoubtedly offer an upgrade at DT. I just think Tank and Dorsey are on track to be good DTs without having to spend money on a huge contract.

Suggs takes care of the DE spot. Vilma takes care of the MLB spot. Aso could be considered a luxury, but having him opposite Flowers would just be sick. Then, you can emphatically say the Chiefs are 4 deep at the CB spot with Carr and Leggett.

Then the Chiefs could take Curry with their first pick and an OL with their second and third picks to shore up that O-line. Signing just 2 or 3 FAs could solve most of this teams problems (in the starting rotation) if the Chiefs draft for need in the first couple rounds. I still don't think the Chiefs will have enough depth to make a deep playoff run. If they sign a few key free agents and get another solid draft class, this team is a playoff competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Suggs, Vilma and Asomugha would be the best return on their investment. They're all going to be under 28 next season and worth building the foundation with. Lewis and Peppers will be over 30 next season. Haynesworth will demand an enormous contract next season and he'd undoubtedly offer an upgrade at DT. I just think Tank and Dorsey are on track to be good DTs without having to spend money on a huge contract.

Suggs takes care of the DE spot. Vilma takes care of the MLB spot. Aso could be considered a luxury, but having him opposite Flowers would just be sick. Then, you can emphatically say the Chiefs are 4 deep at the CB spot with Carr and Leggett.

Then the Chiefs could take Curry with their first pick and an OL with their second and third picks to shore up that O-line. Signing just 2 or 3 FAs could solve most of this teams problems (in the starting rotation) if the Chiefs draft for need in the first couple rounds. I still don't think the Chiefs will have enough depth to make a deep playoff run. If they sign a few key free agents and get another solid draft class, this team is a playoff competitor.
    I'm glad I finally convinced you of Asomugha's value.

Vilma is OK, but he's undersized. Dansby is the best FA LB out there, and would be terrific as our ROLB next year. If we could then trade down to get Maualuga (or hell, just pick him at the 2 spot), we would have DJ, Maualuga, and Dansby as our LBs, all under 30 and all lockig down their positions for the next decade.

Haynesworth will demand a gigantic contract, but we need someone, anyone, to eat up space in the middle. Dorsey and Tank just will never be that guy. I don't know Haynesworth is it, but we probably need to get at least one new DT in FA or in the draft.

You might as well pick Maualuga as Curry that high. Andre Smith would probably best the best bet, though, if we are picking 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

Vilma is OK, but he's undersized. Dansby is the best FA LB out there, and would be terrific as our ROLB next year. If we could then trade down to get Maualuga (or hell, just pick him at the 2 spot), we would have DJ, Maualuga, and Dansby as our LBs, all under 30 and all lockig down their positions for the next decade.

Haynesworth will demand a gigantic contract, but we need someone, anyone, to eat up space in the middle. Dorsey and Tank just will never be that guy. I don't know Haynesworth is it, but we probably need to get at least one new DT in FA or in the draft.

You might as well pick Maualuga as Curry that high. Andre Smith would probably best the best bet, though, if we are picking 2nd.
    There's no way in HELL I agree with you on his value. There's no way I'd ever agree that he's "the best CB of his generation." But I've always agreed that he'd help the team. I just think, as i stated, that he'd be a luxury. Like I said, he'd be sick opposite Flowers for the next 5 years or so.

If we sign Vilma, there's no need for another MLB. Curry would fill the other OLB spot.

If we pick up an OT, I'd rather get Monroe considering we KNOW that Albert COULD be a Pro Bowl LT and Monroe was considered the better LT. I'd rather go with the relatively safer pick instead of a guy we can't compare to Albert side by side. But again, that's just my opinion and I'm sure there's an argument to be made for Smith and Oher, but Monroe just seems to be the safer pick at OT considering how great Albert looked this season as a rookie who missed the entire summer and preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

I have to disagree that Dansby is better than Vilma. Even though Vilma may be slightly undersized, he is a solid tackler and you do not see him get ran over. Plus, the best part of Vilma is his great speed at the linebacker spot and coverage skills which KC needs to cover a tight end. I think if we stay at the third spot then draft an OT, but if we trade down, then take Curry. Think about a combo of Curry, Vilma, and Johnson.

Haynesworth would be worth taking because we have the room in the salary cap. Signing Haynesworth with Suggs will make a great addition to the team and bring intensity to the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I have to disagree that Dansby is better than Vilma. Even though Vilma may be slightly undersized, he is a solid tackler and you do not see him get ran over. Plus, the best part of Vilma is his great speed at the linebacker spot and coverage skills which KC needs to cover a tight end. I think if we stay at the third spot then draft an OT, but if we trade down, then take Curry. Think about a combo of Curry, Vilma, and Johnson.

Haynesworth would be worth taking because we have the room in the salary cap. Signing Haynesworth with Suggs will make a great addition to the team and bring intensity to the defense.
    Well, we probably can't trade down. No one trades down from the top 5 anymore because of the large rookie contracts.

I agree about Haynesworth and Suggs. We need someone who can be of use against the run and someone to rush the passer. They would be the best fit on our lines. If we do get Suggs, we need bigger MLB than Vilma, as Suggs is also undersized and can be a liability against the run.

Why would you rather have DJ, Vilma, and Curry than DJ, Maualuga, and Dansby? The latter seems, to me, the much better LB corps. Vilma isn't so hot against the run, he's undersized, an he hs injury history. Dansby is very good against the run and is fast enough to cover a TE or posession WR. And Maualuga will be the next great MLB, due to his size and speed. Don't get me wrong, Curry will be a good OLB, but I think ten years from now, Maualuga will be the star of the 2009 draft.

Or to put it another way, Curry/Vilma is fine, but I think Maualuga/Dansby would make us one of the top 3 LB corps in the league.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast