Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herm said What?

Default Herm said What?

"Chiefs coach Herm Edwards says he’s satisfied he’s done all he could under the circumstances this season."

Ok, So with a 2-13 record he has done all he could do. So this tells me he has admitted he SUCKS as a Head Coach or that his Players SUCK and he's passing the blame onto them. How many players and fans are out there that feel he has done everything he could do. So I guess we can expect more of the same next year, right?

I woulldn't expect anything less from Herm, it's everyone elses fault or the cosmos is against him, or whatever. Considering how much his players defend and want him back is what is troubling...hopefully the new GM is convincing enough to get rid him.

What player wouldn't want a coach that doesn't give a crap whether they win or lose? They get fat paychecks either way. With Herm, they just don't get yelled at for losing.

I'm sure all he does after a game in the locker room is sit there and point out the few positives and say, "better luck next week, fellas!"

Vintage Herm

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

This just tells me he needs fired. If your best is a 2-13 season under ANY circumstances during your third year of trying to build a good team you need fired.

I know we are in rebuilding mode, but still...you can't make losing the norm. They are still a professional football team and are paid to win. I think the only reason the players say they like Herm is to show they have loyalty even if they do not believe it.

Bottom line, Herm is a bad coach and does not show any sign of making this team better. He was supposed to make the defense better and look at where we are. 32nd ranked. Plus he does not know what half time adjustments are. Herm needs to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I know we are in rebuilding mode, but still...you can't make losing the norm. They are still a professional football team and are paid to win. I think the only reason the players say they like Herm is to show they have loyalty even if they do not believe it.

Bottom line, Herm is a bad coach and does not show any sign of making this team better. He was supposed to make the defense better and look at where we are. 32nd ranked. Plus he does not know what half time adjustments are. Herm needs to be fired.
    Truth has been spoken! Herm is not a HC! He is a teacher, developer, not a NFL Coach. Herm will find success as a HC, in the college ranks!
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Truth has been spoken! Herm is not a HC! He is a teacher, developer, not a NFL Coach. Herm will find success as a HC, in the college ranks!
    jmo
    I think we will look back in a few years with/without Herm and we will be laughing at ourselves because everyone is so worked up over nothing. You're going to have years life this but look at some of the talent we have brought in. I'm not saying Herm is a good or bad coach I think now that we have talent and are approaching another draft/free agency I think we can start playing football now. Just my opinion, to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    I think we will look back in a few years with/without Herm and we will be laughing at ourselves because everyone is so worked up over nothing. You're going to have years life this but look at some of the talent we have brought in. I'm not saying Herm is a good or bad coach I think now that we have talent and are approaching another draft/free agency I think we can start playing football now. Just my opinion, to each his own.
    I agree with you. We will probably toss away the memories of this un-season(I hope!), and do much better with or without Herm. We are going to either win or lose this upcoming game and not shed a tear if it is a loss because un-seasons don't really mean anything until that the draft comes around.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I'm not defending herm, but I will say that there is no correct way to answer this question. If he says, "No, I am not satisfied with my coaching job", then he indites himself and fuels the fire for a coaching change. If he says that he is satisfied, then threads like this one are written.

Let me put it another way..It's kind of like if you're wife asks you if she looks fat in a dress. Even if she looks like 150 pounds of trash that's been squuezed into a 120 pound bag, you'd better tell her she looks great.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-25-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast