Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From NFL.com

Default From NFL.com

"I think this is going to be a good football team next year. I really do. That's just my opinion. I think the players feel that way, too."

The massive rebuilding program Edwards launched this year is guaranteed to result in the worst season in club history whether the Chiefs win or lose their finale Sunday at Cincinnati.

But Edwards said the rounding up of players is just about finished.
    "I'd say 85 percent of it is done now," Edwards said. "It's just the matter of another draft and free agency. Then you're going to have your team built for the most part. Then it's a matter from there of just continuing to grow on that.
    "But the hard part's done," he added. "All the foundation, all the work has been laid for what's going to transpire for years to come now if we keep heading down this path. And that's the path this organization will head in through the draft, then be very selective in free agency."
    With owner Clark Hunt interviewing candidates to replace Carl Peterson as general manager, Edwards also knows he may not be back next year to complete his project. Yea, ah the hard parts done? Wow, that was easy. Can't wait till next year, maybe we can go 0-16, Thanks for a year to remember Herm, and may some thing fly up yours for christmas.

Thigpen is the answer.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Thigpen is the answer.
    Thigpen is young, inexperienced, and inconsistent with a lot of learning to do, but I agree; he has huge potential for the future IMO. I hope we keep him around.

I agree with all that..Butt I still beleive in Santa/Easter Bunny etc..All the Chiefs can do at this point is get better..Heck a win Sun against Cinn would be a start in the right direction for next year! Wow last game:sign0076:
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    I agree with all that..Butt I still beleive in Santa/Easter Bunny etc..All the Chiefs can do at this point is get better..Heck a win Sun against Cinn would be a start in the right direction for next year! Wow last game:sign0076:
    One must have priorities.

So, you believe in "Butts"???

Wow, I am impressed with the stats, etc. I agree the oline in terrible. No QB could have done well with what we have. I am sooooooooo flustered with this whole mess that it drives me crazy trying to figure out what all we need. Thigpen scares the hell out of me trying to run a conventional offense. He can't keep running around all the time or he is going to get killed. I know his stats are good but we still need to be looking hard at someone else. Yes, I agree they may not be there this year and yes he deserves a chance to show what he has next year.
    Geeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz i hate Carl for the mess he has left us in. I thought once the 70's and 80's were over we would never go back to being bad. I hate losing and even more hate the way we lose. Its terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Wow, I am impressed with the stats, etc. I agree the oline in terrible. No QB could have done well with what we have. I am sooooooooo flustered with this whole mess that it drives me crazy trying to figure out what all we need. Thigpen scares the hell out of me trying to run a conventional offense. He can't keep running around all the time or he is going to get killed. I know his stats are good but we still need to be looking hard at someone else. Yes, I agree they may not be there this year and yes he deserves a chance to show what he has next year.
    Geeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz i hate Carl for the mess he has left us in. I thought once the 70's and 80's were over we would never go back to being bad. I hate losing and even more hate the way we lose. Its terrible.
    "This mess" isn't anything to get all flustered about. Last year was the bad year. This year, there are identifiable weaknesses and obvious needs that need to be addressed. There really aren't THAT many holes that they can't all be addressed in one off season if the new GM displays some creativity and is able to identify guys who are currently on this team that could possibly fill some of those holes like Herb Taylor and Rudy Niswanger if he moves over one spot. Morgan might be able to fill a Safety spot. Carr and Leggett could fill a CB spot.

Right now, as this team stands, there are only 4 spots on this team that I see that can't be filled with the guys we already have. OLB, MLB, DE and C. That's pretty much it.

Once Carl resigned, the cancer was cut out IMO. I think Herm and his staff had a much bigger influence on this past draft than Carl did and it showed. The 2008 draft class was, by far the best class this organization has seen in nearly 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    "This mess" isn't anything to get all flustered about. Last year was the bad year. This year, there are identifiable weaknesses and obvious needs that need to be addressed. There really aren't THAT many holes that they can't all be addressed in one off season if the new GM displays some creativity and is able to identify guys who are currently on this team that could possibly fill some of those holes like Herb Taylor and Rudy Niswanger if he moves over one spot. Morgan might be able to fill a Safety spot. Carr and Leggett could fill a CB spot.

Right now, as this team stands, there are only 4 spots on this team that I see that can't be filled with the guys we already have. OLB, MLB, DE and C. That's pretty much it.

Once Carl resigned, the cancer was cut out IMO. I think Herm and his staff had a much bigger influence on this past draft than Carl did and it showed. The 2008 draft class was, by far the best class this organization has seen in nearly 15 years.

I think we are good at saftey and I agree with the corners except I think Flowers is the best of the bunch. We need two new starting Linebackers plus some depth. We need a STUD DE for sure but maybe just as important more depth at O-line. I for one don't think the line is as bad as some think. With the addition of B. Albert that made us better than 2007 right away. I would like to see another 10-12 year solid starter on the right side but I think we can address that in the draft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12