Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cowboy QB Tony Romo Enjoys Las Vegas

Sweets Guest

Default Cowboy QB Tony Romo Enjoys Las Vegas

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...o.3731ec1.html

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo didn't win the American Century Celebrity golf tournament, but he enjoyed being part of the star-studded field for the first time.
    One of the highlights of Romo's weekend in Lake Tahoe was tossing a pass to future Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice. After playing partner Carson Palmer of the Bengals completed a pass to a spectator standing on a boat, Romo hit Rice on a short route off the 17th tee.
    TOM FOX / DMN
    Tony Romo, shown trying to qualify for the U.S. Open, finished 11th in this weekend's celebrity event.

"That was exciting. I kind of took a little off to make sure it was accurate," Romo said. "Jerry is the best to ever play the game at the wide receiver position, so just being around him was a lot of fun."
    Romo had a 5-over-par 77 and 13 total points in his opening round on Friday at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course, bordering Lake Tahoe. However, Romo shot the second-lowest round on Saturday with a 4-under 68 and finished 11th after a 77 on Sunday. He finished one place behind former Stars' right wing Brett Hull.
    "For me, it was just getting comfortable with the course," Romo said. "I'd never really played here before. I played one practice round, and I just put myself in a couple of bad spots that I really didn't know about."
    Former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Chris Chandler won the 54-hole tournament by firing a final-round 67. His 78 points in the Stableford scoring format were 24 more than Romo.
    Romo's other playing partners over the weekend were Hall of Fame QB John Elway, ex-Texas Tech quarterback Billy Joe Tolliver and former All-Pro receiver Sterling Sharpe.

"Just hanging out with all the guys and just kind of picking their brains and hearing some of their stories [was thrilling]," Romo said.
    Romo said he isn't considering making golf his next career.
    "For me, it's just something I like to do in the off-season," Romo said. "It gives me a chance to be competitive in the off-season."

I bet watching Carson Palmer throw that football to a spectator helped show Romo what a "good" QB can do...Yeah ok, I don't like Romo or the Cowboys for that matter...can you tell??? :naughty:

canada..u have bad taste..carrie anyday
    :character00112:

Quote Originally Posted by timbok View Post
    ...carrie anyday

I don't think he was disputing this point.

Quote Originally Posted by timbok View Post
    canada..u have bad taste..carrie anyday
    I have bad taste? U think that mrs warner is pretty?

I've actually seen a lot wrose believe it or not.

Still dosen't make her any prettier. She looks like Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Still dosen't make her any prettier. She looks like Kurt

LOL!!! Explains why he fell in love with her.

i meant carrie underwood..fool

lol...

I'm lost, of course that is par for the course much of the time for me. Please explain to me, again, what you mean. lol!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123